|description:||Assistant Controller – Bilingual |
Our client is a leading technical services business with operations across Canada. Due to continued growth the business is now seeking a dynamic and talented Finance Manager, who will support the Corporate Controller with the effective leadership of the finance function, which includes: financial planning, analysis & reporting, management controls, cash management, pricing and cost accounting.
Duties and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Report results to different users including internal, external, shareholders
• Ensure adherence to IFRS
• Deal with issues requiring excellent analytic, accounting and problem solving skills
• Monthly closing, account reconciliation, inter-company reconciliation, G/L account Analysis
• Monitoring of capital processes
• Conduct actual vs. budget analysis on assigned accounts and report to senior management, shareholders
• Work closely with other members of the finance team to improve financial processes
• Liaise with internal auditors, assume accountability for audit process
• Need for someone with strong internal control skills, must be able to assess, document (flow chart), develop and implement changes to existing internal controls in accordance with SOX Act requirements
• Ensure compliance with internal control processes on an ongoing basis.
• Preparation and / or review of corporate tax accruals and returns
• Optimize tax through innovative tax planning initiatives
• Ensure compliance with respect to commodity tax regulations