|description:||Randstad Staffing is currently accepting applications to fill a 6 month contract for and Accounting clerk in lovely Victoria BC. This is a Full time position Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm stating in ASAP|
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Accounting Clerk is responsible for assisting the Credit Manager with all tasks and activities relating to maintaining accurate accounts receivable records, including customer account collections. The Accounting clerk will also provide support as needed to the Accounts Payable team, and will be responsible for aspects of general accounting administration.
General Description and Responsibilities
Assist in maintaining accurate accounts receivable account balances (including posting payments, applying prepayments, and account adjustments).
Contact customers on a timely basis to secure on time payments, investigating circumstances of non-payment, negotiating and resolving conflicts, expediting payment.
Maintain accurate account collection histories, and organize customer account follow-ups to confirm prior payment commitments.
Process daily invoices and invoice distribution.
Process payments on account, and forward to bank for deposit.
Process credit card payments and research charge backs.
Gather relevant customer credit review information and review information for credit qualification.
File, scan, copy and mail distribution.
Assist with accounts payable processing as required.
Other duties as are typically required in an accounting clerk.
Skills and Requirements
· 1 to 2 years administrative experience in a professional office environment.
· Knowledge of the Accounts Receivable process.
· Accurate data entry skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to communicate with internal and external customers in a friendly, positive and professional manner. Confidence and patience is a must.
· Proficient computer skills with the Microsoft Office Suite.
· Experience with Oracle or Sage would be an asset.
· Exceptional organizational skills.
· Willing and positive “can do” attitude.
please apply on line at www.Randstad.ca by uploading your resume and contact information We will contact qualified candidates to set up an interview.
Good to know you!