"Must have" skills
(These are skills that are absolutely required by the employer.)
Project Management -(>5Y)
"Nice to have" skills
(These are skills the employer would like to have, but would be willing to go without.)
WE REPRESENT SOME OF CANADA'S LARGEST CONSTRUCTION AND ENGINEERING FIRMS
IMMEDIATE OPENINGS IN THE TORONTO AREA
Are you an experienced M&E Coordinator currently working for a M&E Contractor or General Contractor in North America that you are not capitalizing on your full potential?
This is an amazing opportunity for a talented and experienced M&E Coordinator that has project exposure with contracts, shop drawings, changes orders, and progress claims on diverse and exciting construction projects. My client is a top General Contractor and looking to bring on the next team member to achieve personal and team goals. With an extensive project list ranging with all sizes of civil, institutional and commercial projects, they have proven and will continue to impress, setting the standards time and time again.
The Mechanical Project Coordinator will be responsible for providing information flow to the project team (contracts, shop drawings, contract changes, and progress claims). - This role involves ensuring the project complies with standards, codes, specifications and design instructions, and assisting in the procurement of materials and equipment.
In collaboration with the project manager and superintendent, the M&E Coordinator will be responsible for managing and coordinating the overall work of the different mechanical and electrical specialties.
More specifically, the M&E Coordinator will:
- Verify coordination between the engineering and work plans;
- Coordinate the work of the subcontractors and various M&E disciplines;
- Solve technical problems on site;
- Ensure that the work conforms to the plans and specifications and the quality plan;
- Prepare mechanical and electrical start-up team schedules and perform updates according to project completion;
- Supervise and coordinate the tests and start up of the mechanical and electrical systems;
- Prepare the user/owner training schedule;
- Provide mechanical and electrical support and technical expertise to the Estimating department.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or electrical engineering and/or equivalent experience combined with pertinent technical training;
- Significant experience in coordinating M&E work in the construction industry;
- Excellent analytical, communication and leadership skills;
- Good knowledge of the local construction market.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Proficient Computer skills, preferably MS Project, Prolog, MS Office
- Self motivated individual with strong problem solving skills willing to take on new challenges
- 6-8 Years experience as a Project Coordinator
- Full-time position
- Competitive salary and fringe benefits;
- Excellent opportunities for advancement.
PLEASE INCLUDE A PROJECT LIST
Please send your resume and project list to David Hough: firstname.lastname@example.org
David Hough | Recruitment Advisor - Construction | David.Hough@randstad.ca
60 Bloor Street West, Suite 1400, Toronto, Ontario M4W 3B8
Good to know you!