"Must have" skills
(These are skills that are absolutely required by the employer.)
CAD 3D -(3-5Y)
Mechanical Engineering -(1-2Y)
"Nice to have" skills
(These are skills the employer would like to have, but would be willing to go without.)
WE REPRESENT SOME OF CANADA'S ELITE CONSTRUCTION AND ENGINEERING GROUPS MOVING FORWARD IN 2013!!!
IMMEDIATE OPENINGS IN TORONTO / GTA
If you are an experienced mechanical focused BIM CAD Operator currently working for an mechanical consultant or mechanical contactor in North America that you are not capitalizing on your full potential…….then this opportunity is for you! My client is looking and willing to make a long term competitive investment.
A unique, once in a lifetime opportunity for an experienced ICI construction focused BIM CAD Operator to take his/her career to the next level and be a huge addition to this team's continued growth & success. One will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best and network with some of the largest projects for years to come.
My client is one of Canada’s elite mechanical contactors and is currently looking for BIM CAD Operators, to develop drawings by utilizing computer-aided design (CAD) systems and other peripheral equipment. The successful candidate will be timely, thorough, and accurate. This prestigious mechanical contactor will offer a more than competitive salary and a professional work environment in addition to some of the most exciting projects this area has to offer!!!
The BIM CAD Operator is closely aligned with the BIM Coordinator, Managers/Teams that are delivering local projects in BIM. The BIM CAD Operator is a technical resource to the Project Teams, providing support for Project related activities. The Local Office BIM CAD Operator will work directly with the BIM Coordinator using technology to solve complex design, engineering, construction and for otherwise supporting projects through to completion.
The BIM CAD Operator is responsible for carrying work associated with the use of BIM on local office projects, which include:
- Participates in the project based BIM Strategy call for all projects in office
- Coordinates the application of BIM technologies at the project level
- Works with Area Manager in producing the project based BIM Implementation document
- Works with BIM Coordinator in producing project based BIM support on projects
- Responsible for day to day project support on office projects
- Providing BIM production support from project teams; including project model setup, primary discipline project work, and deliverable setup
- Ensures the BIM Model adhere to all internal and client specific goals and standards.
- Participate in scheduled conference calls with other local office BIM coordinators for the purpose of knowledge sharing, management and lessons learned
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years experience with various Autodesk Design Software (AutoCad MEP, Revit and Navisworks Manage) and TSI's Cad-Mech
- Minimum 5 years experience in a Design and Mechanical (production) environment desired
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment
- Ability to anticipate, identify and resolve problems in a timely and positive manner
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; both orally and in writing
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, completing tasks as previously defined
- Excellent organization and documentation skills
- Ability to work independently and to manage multiple tasks and projects under constant deadlines
- Ability to create 3D piping Models, shop drawings, details and spool sheets
PLEASE INCLUDE A PROJECT LIST
If you feel that you would like to explore the potential of this opportunity then I encourage you to apply in confidence to David Hough: email@example.com or fax: 416.962.4489, attn.: David Hough.
David Hough | Senior Recruitment Advisor – Construction | David.Hough@randstad.ca
60 Bloor Street West, Suite 1200, Toronto, Ontario M4W 3B8
Randstad Engineering is a leading recruitment consultancy with a wealth of staffing expertise and offices around the globe, across 5 continents. Due to our clients continued growth, we're constantly on the lookout for qualified professionals and are uniquely positioned to find you the best opportunities.
In our Canadian offices, we specialize in identifying and recruiting high caliber technical professionals from a variety of disciplines for North American engineering and construction firms.