"Must have" skills
(These are skills that are absolutely required by the employer.)
Construction Contracts -(2-3Y)
Construction Industry -(2-3Y)
Site Visits -(2-3Y)
"Nice to have" skills
(These are skills the employer would like to have, but would be willing to go without.)
BUILD YOUR CAREER IN ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEERING!
We have an amazing, exclusive opportunity for an Electrical Design Engineer looking for great exposure to design and site implementation projects related to the Toronto Construction Market. Our client are a specialist Consultant in Electrical Design Engineering, providing services to some of Canada's major Residential, Commercial and Industrial Construction companies. In this role, as a Design Engineer, you will be at the forefront of design projects across the country and you will be a front-line point of contact for clients.
• Computer Aid Design (CAD) drawing preparation using AutoCAD
• Design & prepare electrical engineering drawings using appropriate standards
• Organize and maintain design and CAD digital file database for each project
• Successfully carry out drawing assignments as directed
• Site investigations and site inspections/field reviews
• Site meetings and Construction meetings
• Preparation of technical reports and specifications
• B. Sc. Electrical Engineering
• 2 to 5 years of work experience in the capacity of an electrical engineer or electrical designer
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable interacting with clients, suppliers, contractors and other consultants
• Proficiency using MSOffice suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Proficiency using AutoCAD software (Mandatory requirement)
• Good organizational, technical, writing, communication and computer skills
• Ability to follow directions and work in team-oriented environment as well as on an independent basis and communicate effectively
• Capable of managing deadlines
To be successful in this role, you will need to be a very strong communicator, capable of managing different relationships both internally and externally. You will be very well organised and will thrive in a company where you make things happen!
If you are interested in this role, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 416.962.4489, attn.: David Hough.