"Must have" skills
(These are skills that are absolutely required by the employer.)
Piping Design -(3-5Y)
"Nice to have" skills
(These are skills the employer would like to have, but would be willing to go without.)
Our client in the Guelph area is currently recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Designer Engineer to join their team lead design projects and mentor junior designers on the team. The consultancy is focussed on the design of food production facilities, so this person will need experience designing facilities that require 'clean environments'. This role is a great fit for an Intermediate Engineer who is ready to move to the next step in their career.
• Design all types of facility related mechanical systems for use in various types of food or beverage plants
• Assist with the development of project plans, project costing, and coordinating the efforts of other engineers, technicians, designers, and drafters to support cross-functional collaboration
• Determine budget requirements for mechanical systems and submit budgetary recommendations as well as monitor and be responsible for budgets throughout the project.
• Conduct final inspection and recommend acceptance or rejection of completed designs.
• Improve operations, reduce turnaround times, and optimize processes to provide seamless quality of engineering services.
• Work closely with architectural, electrical, civil, and structural disciplines to ensure building projects are completed to client’s satisfaction.
• Supervise junior engineers and work closely with project technologists to develop plans to client’s satisfaction.
• Ensure ongoing compliance with local, national, and international standards and legislation.
• Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
• 5-10 years of experience in the design of 'clean' facilities (food, beverage, pharma, etc.)
• Ability to monitor junior engineers
• Knowledge of Revit MEP considered an asset
If you have the necessary qualifications to excel in this position, please forward your resume and availability to email@example.com.
While we at Randstad Engineering appreciate all applicants who apply, only those selected for a preliminary interview will be contacted.