"Must have" skills
(These are skills that are absolutely required by the employer.)
canadian securities course -(1-2Y)
financial securities -(1-2Y)
Financial Analyst -(1-2Y)
Investment Banking industry (securities lending) -(1-2Y)
"Nice to have" skills
(These are skills the employer would like to have, but would be willing to go without.)
FINANCE ANALYST – Investment Banking
We have an opportunity to join a premier Canadian financial institution on a contract basis.
Temporary/Contract (2-3 months – Nov 2012-Jan 2012)
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE
Provide accounting support to Investment Banking (IB) Finance Group consisting of:
• Set up IB deal records in ACCESS and create physical deal files
• Create IB client invoices, including coordinating and communicating with Investment Bankers or their Assistants to get all relevant information
• Prepare letters to syndicate members relating to underwriting payments
• Provide general accounting assistance as needed to Finance Team
Update and maintain sub-ledger
• Open, modify and close expense accounts on CODA source system
• Prepare journal entries to transfer expenses or to write-off/recover expenses
• Generate CODA reports for expense code analysis and assist with account reconciliations
• Monitor and maintain ACCESS expense database
• Work closely with Investment Bankers and Assistants to adjust and maintain project and personnel expense accounts
• General administration, filing, fax & photocopy
• Assist with other special projects throughout the year
SKILLS / SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
• Must be very detailed and accurate
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a highly challenging environment.
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
• Exceptionally strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent follow-up and problem solving skills.
• Ability to make intuitive decisions and prioritize work
• Knowledge of Excel (VBA is an Asset)
• Knowledge of Access
• Knowledge of CODA an asset
• Professional, polished and discreet.
• Flexible to work overtime as needed
• Post-secondary education or equivalent
• Previous accounting experience
• Canadian Securities Course an asset.