"Must have" skills
(These are skills that are absolutely required by the employer.)
Forklift / Crane Operation -(>5Y)
Read Mechanical Drawings -(>5Y)
ISO 14001 -(3-5Y)
ISO 9002 -(3-5Y)
"Nice to have" skills
(These are skills the employer would like to have, but would be willing to go without.)
Tig Welding -(1-2Y)
NC Programming -(1-2Y)
We are currently seeking a Die Maintenance Machinist for Delta, BC
Scope of Work:
• Working in the Die Maintenance department.
• Reporting to the Manager of Maintenance.
• Produce replacement and new parts in making repairs to metal parts in mechanical equipment.
• Perform preventative maintenance on tool and die for aluminum casting.
• Develop, recommend and implement countermeasures accordingly.
• Responsible for programming and operation of NC machines.
• Repair tools and dies back to print and sketch requirements.
• Check to ensure dies are at operating standards.
• Update and communicate modifications of dies to management and other departments.
• Inspect dies and wheels to measure die wear.
• Follow and promote the company's safety rules and perform safety checks on equipment before starting work.
• Report unsafe conditions immediately.
• Follow and promote 5S standards.
• Participate in QC Circles activities and present results at least once per year.
• Other duties as required.
• The successful candidate possesses a trade certificate as a Journeyman Machinist or is in their 4th year of a recognized apprenticeship program.
• The candidate should also have a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
• Possess a real "shop floor" orientation and enjoy leading change within a multi-shift, continuous process environment.
• Principles, practices and techniques of machining trade.
• 1+ years of TIG welding experience is an asset.
• Proficient in NC programming.
• 1+ years of operating forklift and crane.
• Strong tooling knowledge - feeds, speeds, cutting tools and work fixtures.
• Able to read mechanical drawings.
• General awareness of ISO 14001 and ISO 9002 impacts / work instructions.
• Excellent organization, time-management, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and under tight time deadlines.
• Proven troubleshooting skills and decision making ability.
Please apply online and email resume to email@example.com