"Must have" skills
(These are skills that are absolutely required by the employer.)
Civil Engineering -(>5Y)
Business development skills -(>5Y)
MS Office -(3-5Y)
"Nice to have" skills
(These are skills the employer would like to have, but would be willing to go without.)
Seeking senior project engineer with management and business development experience to start up new West Kootenay office.
Senior Project Engineer / Office Manager
F/T Permanent – Rossland, BC
Award-winning full-service consulting firm dedicated to working with all levels of government and the private sector to deliver planning and design solutions for transportation, water, land, and environmental projects.
Our commitment to client success is built on a strong foundation: we know the communities we serve. This local knowledge, combined with our range of expertise and depth of experience, helps us meet the unique challenges of every project and better understand the role of sustainable solutions in all phases of a project’s life cycle.
This company applies its expertise to find effective solutions focusing on client and project objectives. The successful incumbent will lead the engineering delivery and business development initiatives for the West Kootenay operation.
• Direct and manage engineering projects and quality project delivery
• Prepare designs and contract specifications for infrastructure upgrade projects
• Manage office financial performance, approve office expenditures and coordinate purchase agreements
• Manage office productivity and utilization
• Provide leadership to other staff and project teams
• Direct staff and participate directly in the completion of projects
• Foster a spirit of enthusiasm and client focus
• Lead and direct business development activities in the Interior of BC, nurturing new client relationships while building on previous project successes
• P.Eng. (eligible for Membership with APEGBC)
• Minimum 5 years' directly related experience as a Senior Project Engineer and/or Office Manager in the consulting services industry
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Highly motivated and enthusiastic with a strong desire to succeed
• Able to work independently along with a demonstrated ability to manage projects and clients
• Able to multi-task and meet various project deadlines
• Design and construction experience in municipal engineering including roads, drainage, water distribution, sewer, and utilities design, specification, cost estimating, tendering, construction and commissioning
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and Civil 3D
• Familiarity with MMCD documents
Company offers competitive compensation packages which includes a company paid benefit plan plus flexible spending account, flexible work schedule, professional development opportunities and potential ownership options.
Relocation package available
To be considered for this role, please email your resume to Amy Thorp at firstname.lastname@example.org