"Must have" skills
(These are skills that are absolutely required by the employer.)
Project Management Methodology -(>5Y)
Client Facing - Business Accumen -(>5Y)
University Degree -(1-2Y)
"Nice to have" skills
(These are skills the employer would like to have, but would be willing to go without.)
Responsible for all activities associated with highest level of information and business technology consulting, in order to benefit from these efficiencies with minimal interruptions from computer-related activities.
The ideal candidate must have:
• A university degree
• proven PM experience following PMI or similar methodology
• ERP Implementation experience (prefer SAP)
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
1. To provide the Information Services Department with assistance and consultation, whenever necessary.
2. Respond to the most complex and/or unconventional queries from executive, directors, managers, team members, other employees, and internal customers and provide policy interpretations, technical advice in their area of information technology business with business process improvements and assists in the development of metrics and how they may be obtained from information technology systems.
3. Develop, recommend and implement policies, procedures and professional standards of performance for their area of expertise in conjunction with the functional managers, and directors
4. Takes a proactive role in information technology in facilitating and monitoring adoption and use of information technology systems across the organization
5. Conduct research in the marketplace to determine "best practices" and emerging trends, software, hardware, automation systems and process improvements in technology recommending action as appropriate
6. Select and evaluate external suppliers and contractors for the provision of large technically specialized products and/or services
7. In conjunction with customers, provide a technical perspective in the development of new and/or improvement to information technology systems that meet customer's functional needs and improve their business processes throughout the organization
Consultant, IS Principal
8. Utilize advanced problem solving techniques to identify root causes with directors, managers and contractors, or to determine courses-of-action in the performance of their role.
9. Investigate, diagnose and resolve incidents with customers.
10. Develop and recommend the adoption of new analytical techniques, policies, procedures and standards pertaining to their area of expertise
11. Make decisions about the deployment of resources (staff, materials, etc.) within larger work groups or more complex projects, subject to budget guidelines for their level
12. Take leadership in a project management role within the information technology area
13. Fully understand and communicates project/departmental objectives, translating them into group/project objectives and performance goals
14. May suggest action with respect to the recruitment, performance management and discipline/termination of team members
15. Serve in a senior professional practitioner role in particular area of expertise, and works with management to determine the tactical implementation of strategic requirements of the organization.
- To manage personal performance based on the expectations as set out in this document
- Able to supervise and/or mentor and train junior consulting staff
- Provide mentor or coaching skill to various business units on business process integration to information technology
- Ensure Key Performance Measures are identified and fulfilled in a timely manner
- To file Expense Reports and Employee Time Exceptions Forms on a timely basis when required.
- Provide customer service as outlined in the IS Service Level Agreement.
- May be required to be on-call. All such work will be covered by the requirements of the on-call policy.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of and develop, recommend and implement amendments to operating processes, policies, procedures and standards associated with their information technology area
- Ensure that all work is performed in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practice, Good Laboratory - - Practice, Standard Operating Procedures and according to established safety standards. Ensures work is performed in compliance with the IS Incident Management process.
- Provide accurate and complete documentation of processes and procedures to
- Update the call track system in accordance with I.S. processes. Monitor and communicate progress of incident and escalate if necessary.
-Undergraduate degree and post graduate degree preferred in Information Systems, Engineering, Business Administration or Sciences
-Minimum of ten years combined experience in Pharmaceutical/Process Industry, Consumer Packaged Goods, Information Systems, Project Management or Management Consulting Environment
-Advanced, concise and clear written and verbal communication skills in a variety of settings and styles
-Excellent listening skills with ability to follow instructions and guidelines clearly
-Demonstrated ability to make decisions, solve and trouble shoot problems based on analysis, experience and judgment
-Demonstrated ability to originate or initiate new and unique ideas to business/technical problems
-Proven ability to function in a fast paced and continuously changing environment
-Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to manage multiple priorities to accomplish objectives and goals anticipating and adjusting for problems and interruptions/roadblocks.
-Excellent interpersonal skills
-Good presentation skills in a variety of settings with business or technical users in small and large groups
-Experience delivering training and/or creating training materials on business or technical topics
-Demonstrated ability to consistently produce accurate, complete and thorough work of high quality
-Proven ability to supervise, manage and/or mentor staff