"Must have" skills
(These are skills that are absolutely required by the employer.)
Electrical Engineering -(>5Y)
Traffic Signals, Programming and systems -(>5Y)
"Nice to have" skills
(These are skills the employer would like to have, but would be willing to go without.)
Our client is currently seeking intermediate and senior Electrical Engineers to join their Transportation Electrical Systems Group. Successful candidates will join a team of design professionals and participate in the delivery of both stand-alone illumination, traffic signals and other outdoor electrical system projects and participate in high profile multidisciplinary roadway and transit design projects (arterial roads, rural highways, freeways, transit and rail systems and related facilities). Opportunities are available for successful candidates to assume leadership roles within the group.
Responsibilities and Duties will include:
• Electrical systems design and design guidance to other team members
• Liaison with all discipline team members, sub consultants, clients and agencies.
• Involvement in a wide range of project requirements including but not limited to:
o technical analysis and design,
o project management,
o report preparation,
o cost estimating and financial analysis,
o the preparation and review of drawings,
o contract documents, including material and construction specifications,
o proposal preparation and business development
- Undergraduate degree in electrical engineering from an accredited university;
- Licensed or eligibility for professional licensing with PEO;
- Experience with all aspects of transportation electrical systems design (e.g. traffic signals, conventional and high-mast illumination of roads and parking areas, tunnel illumination, pedestrian illumination, etc.).
- Experience in airport lighting, railway signal systems and/or advanced lighting control systems will set you apart from your peers.
- Ability to work with various software packages (e.g. AutoLux, AutoCAD, Microstation, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Project and Power Point);
- Experience with technical writing and report preparation;
- Ability to estimate design level of effort, meet milestone schedule deliverables etc.;
- Strong project management skills are an asset;
- General understanding of, and coordination with, other road design requirements (e.g. drainage/hydraulic design, utilities, structures, environmental design/mitigation measures, etc.);
- Solid grasp of the OEC, CEC and CSA codes;
- Familiarity with IESNA standards for various applications;
If you have the qualifications listed, please forward your resume in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Randstad Engineering would like to thank all applicants, but only those being considered will be contacted at this time. Thank you.