"Must have" skills
(These are skills that are absolutely required by the employer.)
Control Systems Design -(>5Y)
"Nice to have" skills
(These are skills the employer would like to have, but would be willing to go without.)
Our downtown Edmonton client is looking for a Senior Process Controls Engineer:
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible control system design and implementation experience, including the development and implementation of process control strategies for a process industry.
- A working knowledge of the oil and gas industry with a preference to pipeline experience. Previous experience an asset.
- A working knowledge of related areas such as power, instrumentation and pipeline hydraulics, IT, Networks, and SCADA.
- Proficiency in control system related practices, standards, specifications, and codes.
- Possess fully competent level skills in the area of process control and communication systems and have a strong appreciation for and understanding of the responsibilities in the other technology areas commonly applied in pipeline operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in process control, electrical, chemical, or computer engineering from an accredited university or college.
- Licensed as a professional engineer.
- Capability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments and meet established deadlines while managing stakeholder expectations.
- Ability to remain effective despite frequent shifts between planned and unplanned activities.
- Ability to effectively interact with peers, internal stakeholders, vendors and service providers.
- Effective two-way communication skills, including verbal as well as written forms.