"Must have" skills
(These are skills that are absolutely required by the employer.)
strong stationary and rotating equipment erection -(>5Y)
safe planning and execution of equipment erection -(>5Y)
improvement of a mechanical equipment progress -(>5Y)
"Nice to have" skills
(These are skills the employer would like to have, but would be willing to go without.)
Mechanical-Superintendent - Mining/ Smelting experience is required
- Duties include facilitating the improvement of an Area Works Contractor mechanical equipment progress and productivity within two process areas of the project
- Monitor day to day Contractor’s field activities as to its conformance to design documents, specifications, standards, and codes.
- Evaluate workforce against progress achievement.
- Maintain effective schedule and cost control of mechanical and piping works.
- Assist with resolutions to Contractor queries via RFI (request for information).
- Assist Contractor’s with the execution of their quality program – inspection, testing, and record retention.
- Ensure Contractor’s adherence to project safety program and plays an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project.
- Review safety task analysis and work permits. Attend safety toolbox meetings.
- Controls scope changes or creep, ensuring that all scope changes are quickly and properly documented, and that change orders are approved prior to the performance of the work.
- Participate in weekly progress review meetings.
- Assist quantity surveyors in measurement of progress and installed quantities.
- Ensure contractor maintains current as-built drawings.
- Review erection equipment and monitor lifting operations.
- 10+ years of related experience.
- 4+ years of experience as a Mechanical Superintendent.
- Strong stationary and rotating equipment erection experience within industrial settings
- Primary skills required include the safe planning and execution of equipment erection and fit out
- Strong working knowledge of piping and mechanical equipment codes, standards, principals and procedures.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org