"Must have" skills
(These are skills that are absolutely required by the employer.)
Electrical and Electronics Engineering -(>5Y)
MS Office -(>5Y)
Project Administration -(>5Y)
"Nice to have" skills
(These are skills the employer would like to have, but would be willing to go without.)
Principal Test Engineer
Location: Kanata, Ontario
Contract Terms: 10 months
• In the role of Software Test Engineer, primary responsibility will be to develop product test software and/or test equipment software and to validate/verify test cases and testing coverage.
• Support both Production/Factory and Project Engineering customers for the ongoing testing/test development of products.
• Support lifecycle phases from development to production and the ongoing support of test systems in service.
• Responsible for various phases of the test equipment development including test requirements definition, test SW development, test software and hardware integration, generating engineering documentation, and planning and tracking of test tasks.
• Develop a combination of skills based in electrical & software engineering as well as electronics applications, trouble shooting, and process focus.
• Bachelor's degree, in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering or Computer Science.
• Minimum 15 yrs. experience in either Aerospace or SATCOM
• Experience supporting Production/Factory floor with L-Band High Speed Data SATCOM Transceivers, L-Band SATCOM Antenna product lines, and High Power Amplifiers.
• Knowledge of electronic automation System (Test exec, sequence, UUT) and/or HW (ATE, PXI, LXI, GPIB, analog/digital control/sensing, communication buses/protocols) and/or SW (IVI, LabWindows/CVI, TestStand).
• Understand electrical concepts, reading schematics, electronic system integration/ fault isolation capabilities.
• Familiar with mixers, spectrum analyzers, Network analyzers, power meters and Noise figure analyzers
• Knowledge of RF test methodology of L-Band to Ka-Band antennas
• Create Formal Test Plans, test procedures including design of test set ups based on previous L-band antenna.
• Participate in the early design stages of product development with all design disciplines
• Experience in software/hardware validation and verification
• Computer networking experience would be an asset – preferably CISCO.
• Experience working with a defined process and ability to create and improve processes
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Understanding of computer scripting languages is a plus
• Possess the ability to design and build test harnesses and test setups consisting of RF and digital test equipment/circuitry.
• Ability to plan and organize technical projects
Interested candidates should apply directly to Zeeshan Ali at Zeeshan.Ali@randstad.ca.