"Must have" skills
(These are skills that are absolutely required by the employer.)
Cost Control -(>5Y)
"Nice to have" skills
(These are skills the employer would like to have, but would be willing to go without.)
Cost Controller - Field
- Prepares project control plans and detailed internal manpower utilization plans for discipline or specialty activities.
- Assists in preparing cost data for proposals or contract negotiations.
- Participates in developing and presenting designated subjects in training classes and on-the-job training programs.
- Performs personnel performance reviews when delegated.
- Determines scope definition requirements for discipline or other specialty and coordinates with engineering and other sources, the production of required data to conform to the overall estimate preparation plan.
- Performs or coordinates quantity development and verification for discipline or other specialty.
- Plan, coordinate and direct preparation of specific budgets. Assists in developing requirements for budgeting standards.
- Develops requirements for cost recording, reporting and analyzing standards, programs, reports, and in their implementation, performs performance monitoring and control functions.
- Assists in developing specific project code of accounts and recommends appropriate modifications and revisions.
- Investigates requirements for estimating and/or cost control data for specific discipline or other specialty applications.
- Identifies or defines data sources and techniques for data acquisition and collects required data for a specific discipline or other specialty application.
- Assists in developing unit man-hour and pricing data for a specific discipline or other specialty including estimating parameters, factors, indices, productivity, and a craft distribution reference data, etc.; based on analysis of Client's and industry experience.
- Performs data analysis, identifies problems, and makes recommendations.
- Involved in Performance reviews.
- Understands, interprets and applies Contract and related Terms and Conditions correctly.
- Conducts interdisciplinary trend meetings.
- Engineering or construction based degree or diploma.
- Minimum 8 years related experience.
- Experience performing, monitoring and reviewing cost engineering functions which include cost estimating, cost control, and cost analysis.
- Skilled oral and written communication.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management and business management.
- Knowledge of supervision, personnel administration, and training of technical and non-technical personnel.
- Experience in conducting training sessions.