"Must have" skills
(These are skills that are absolutely required by the employer.)
"Nice to have" skills
(These are skills the employer would like to have, but would be willing to go without.)
Our client in the Halton Region is currently recruiting for a NDT Inspector Level 2.
Responsibilities / Skills:
- Must have a working knowledge of the NDT process to inspect and where applicable, approve components with machining defects such as grinding damage, carburizing mask-off, excessive stock damage and carbon depletion.
- The position involves inspecting parts to the technique /specification requirements.
- Inspect using MT Horizontal equipment, Demagnetizing unit, Rockwell Surface Hardness Testers and part marking equipment including vibropeen, dot matrix, electro-chemical etch.
- Attention to details and equipment set-up and calibration.
- Conduct inspection to the requirement of technique sheet and specifications.
- Work in accordance with specifications, drawings, operational sheets, work order cards and/or oral instructions.
- Interpret and evaluate indications in accordance to the acceptance criteria of applicable specification and standard.
- Ability to pass and maintain internal NAS 410 certification.
- Must be willing and able to work rotation of three shifts.
- Additional work experience with Rockwell surface Hardness Testing is an asset.
- The right candidate is required to have MT & Surface temper Inspection (Nital Etch) NAS 410 Level-II and preferred CGSB qualification.