"Must have" skills
(These are skills that are absolutely required by the employer.)
degree or diploma in Electrical Engineering Techno -(>5Y)
"Nice to have" skills
(These are skills the employer would like to have, but would be willing to go without.)
MS Office -(>5Y)
Our client is currently looking for an Electrical Design Engineer to join the Engineering team. The Electrical Design Engineer designs, develops and maintains electrical systems and/or components to required specifications, focusing on economy, safety, reliability, quality and sustainability. They review and confirm design accuracy and match with Codes and project specifications. A good understanding of all engineering disciplines and national and international codes and standards are required.
• Generation of electrical concepts and control concepts.
• Electrical and control design of compressors and other systems as required.
• Analyze client needs and develop project requirements
• Selection of control system for project.
• Electrical load calculations.
• Component and cable rating checks to standards.
• Development of single line diagrams, electrical panel drawings, cable diagrams, site installations diagrams, interconnection diagrams to North American standards.
• Selection and specification of components
• Preparation of Bills of materials
• Preparation of Material requisitions
• Check and verify engineering documentation complies with project code and standards
• Verification that equipment is built as per documentation
• Obtain necessary approval for electrical installations when required
• Site support of service staff by phone, remote connection or hands on commissioning
• Product engineer for electrical and control products.
• Detail specification of equipment/components used for use in sales literature product specifications
• Initiate product/ system improvements
• Understand market development in the CNG business work with marketing and sales
• Monitor product problems related to electrical and control and identify root cause of failures/ malfunctioning
• Generation and control of engineering documents as per company procedures.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Electrical engineering degree or diploma.
• Training in the application of national electrical codes and standards.
• Good knowledge of codes and standards for electrical hazardous classification area.
• 3-5+ years in electrical and control system design for compressors or similar systems.
• Project engineering experience for the installation of project similar to compressor installations.
• Understanding of compressor systems and reading of piping and instrumentation diagrams.
• Hands on panel experience with installation, panel building, and commissioning.
• Required to communicate with production staff, project team, clients and vendors.
• Be able to communicate formally on behalf of the company verbally and in writing.
• Understand contract language.
• Familiar with Microsoft Visio, E-Plan, Electrical schematic, Drawing and calculation software
• Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
• Familiar with ERP systems
• BC drivers license
• Valid Passport in order to travel.
If you feel you meet the qualification please send your resume to: email@example.com