"Must have" skills
(These are skills that are absolutely required by the employer.)
3rd Class Power Engineering -(>5Y)
"Nice to have" skills
(These are skills the employer would like to have, but would be willing to go without.)
Our client is seeking a Shift Supervisor for a well-established client of ours in the Vancouver area. This Shift Supervisor will work as part of the operations staff and will focus on supervising other operators within the plant and providing support to the plants management team.
For this role, technical hands on experience as a Refinery Operator is required alongside a proven ability or capability to supervisor others.
• Provide visible and active safety leadership to promote a positive culture of continual improvement.
• Steward the effective use of the LPS system, safety audits, crew safety meetings, and tool box meetings.
• Responsible for the completion of turnover information for all associated activities while on crew, the auditing of equipment and operations to maintain safe, reliable and optimum working environment for manpower meeting production requirements.
• Review and approve safe work permits.
• Provides leadership through the incident command system for first response to incidents at the Refinery.
• Understand environmental permit requirements and works collaboratively with plant Operators to communicate compliance goals and with regulators regarding any non-compliance issues.
• Work with the Training Coordinator to develop crew training plans consistent with an overall Operations training plan.
• Provide regular informal coaching, mentoring, feedback and development support to operators.
• Conduct formal annual performance reviews for shift team members.
• Provides primary contact and follow-up for community concerns and complaints.
• Develops and encourages teamwork within the operating crews.
• Promotes awareness of energy efficiency targets and strategies including flare minimization efforts.
• Support the Routine Maintenance Work Control process through prioritization, troubleshooting, equipment preparation and PSSR’s
• Administers within the collective agreement, handles grievances, progressive discipline, develops labor schedules and authorizes payroll entries.
• Carries out the weekly operating plan for plant throughput, yield and product quality specifications.
• Ensures effective communication between Area 1 and Area 2 for product routing and product quality issues.
• Provides guidance for resolving plant operating problems and collaborates with Operations Assistants for technical advice on unusual or critical problems.
• Support cost management for both operations and maintenance expenses.
• Provides communication link to the plants leadership team and other departments for operating crews.
• Takes on special assignments as defined by the Operations Superintendent.
• Third Class Power Engineering Certificate with refinery, gas plant or related industrial plant experience.
• Demonstrated commitment to safety.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, mentor, motivate and inspire a crew to operate with excellence. Previous leadership or assignment experience is desirable.
• Can listen to and respond to needs of both the work group as well as external business partners. Uses clear and concise oral and written skills to communicate effectively.
• Ability to stay focuses and manages work under pressure with multiple priorities.
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience within an operations environment (Supervisory experience preferred).
• Demonstrates skills by identifying and resolving operating issues of an involved nature using available resources. Able to work with details while grasping the big picture.
Our client offers a very attractive compensation and benefits package as well as a strong ethos for work/life balance.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please forward your resume via email to Nick Paraskeva, firstname.lastname@example.org.