"Must have" skills
(These are skills that are absolutely required by the employer.)
Construction Management -(>5Y)
Large oil and gas project experience -(>5Y)
Previous exp in gas processing -(>5Y)
"Nice to have" skills
(These are skills the employer would like to have, but would be willing to go without.)
SITE CONSTRUCTION MANAGER
Overall Purpose of Job:
Under the leadership of the Construction Director, the Construction Manager is responsible for the planning, management and control of his/her units field construction activities in accordance with our client's Policies, procedures, plans and specifications. Construction Managers are responsible for their unit’s over-all Project performance including Safety, Environment, Project Controls, Material Management, Quality, Client Relations and Project Status in the construction phase.
Primary Job Duties/Functions:
1. The safety and well being of all personnel working on The Project
2. Participate in and complete safety audits either formal or informal to ensure compliance with site HSSE.
3. Work with the Home Office Engineering and Construction Team to provide modularization input into the engineering design. The objective is to reduce man-hours onsite, introduce Safety by Design, and identify areas of concern and improvement.
4. Using the client’s Constructability Program, implement and promote an effective constructability review program identifying the Path of Construction, areas of concern, or alternative options which may result in achieving positive results for the Project. These results could be an increase in worker safety through new way method of construction, a decrease in the Environmental impact, greater productivity of the workers or an identified cost savings to the Project.
5. Work with Project Management, Engineering and Contracts in the development of the contracting process to ensure the preparation of proper contracts, making certain that prior to award contractors understand the project rules, their scope of the work, and the schedule.
6. Review Contract bids, evaluate and support the contracting process to ensure the contractor selected can met the needs of the requirements. This accountes to Safety, Cost and schedule
7. Monitor all field construction activities to assure compliance with the project schedule, standards, procedures, goals and take corrective action into mitigation plans to bringing the Project back into compliance.
8. Draw on all available expertise and resources, to make sure decisions are made and resolve execution issues to ensure the Project remains on track, balancing cost, schedule and quality appropriately in line with Project philosophy.
9. Attend progress / coordination status meetings.
10. Attend and participate in 3D Model reviews to support project requirements. Identify areas of concern, and answering questions in relation to construction activities.
11. Ensure Workface Planning is utilized and is followed as pre-planned.
12. Provide technical oversight from an execution and field quality installation perspective.
1. Home office working conditions.
2. On-site project workspace of various conditions which may include temporary office facilities and exposure to moving, mechanical parts and vibration; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and various levels of outside weather.
3. Generally favorable office environment.
1. (10) Ten years Industrial Construction Experience
2. (3) Three years of previous Construction Management Experience
3. Trades background
1. Estimating skills preferred
2. Knowledge of Primavera 6
3. Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel