"Must have" skills
(These are skills that are absolutely required by the employer.)
test experience -(>5Y)
Test Plan & Execution -(>5Y)
Electrical and Electronics Engineering -(>5Y)
MS Office -(>5Y)
Project Administration -(>5Y)
"Nice to have" skills
(These are skills the employer would like to have, but would be willing to go without.)
Principal Test Engineer
Contract: 8 Months
• The successful candidate will join the Engineering Test Services (ETS) organization as a Hardware Test Engineer.
• In the role of Hardware Test Engineer, primary responsibility will be to develop product test software/hardware and/or test equipment software/hardware and to validate/verify test cases and testing coverage.
• The Hardware Test Engineer role is a dynamic position supporting both Production/Factory and Project Engineering customers for the ongoing testing/test development of products.
• This role includes supporting across lifecycle phases from development to production and the ongoing support of test systems in service.
• The selected candidate will be responsible for various phases of the test equipment development including test requirements definition, systems/hardware development, hands-on test hardware integration, generating engineering documentation, and planning and tracking of test tasks.
• The ideal candidate for this position will develop a combination of skills based in electrical & software engineering as well as electronics applications, trouble shooting, and process focus.
• This position requires ability to establish and maintain close professional relationships with project leadership, systems engineering, and test engineering.
• The individual must have excellent interpersonal skills to work in a small team atmosphere.
• Bachelor's degree, in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering or Computer Science.
• Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident due to export restrictions
• Knowledge of electronic automation System and Hardware.
• Candidate should understand electrical concepts, reading schematics, electronic/ system trouble-shooting abilities
• Capable to make concept and detail design of test equipment and developing supporting documentation
• SW experience- Microsoft Office, basic knowledge of AutoCad LT/OrCAD (Mentor Graphic advantage)
• Experience with RF design (advantage)
• Experience supporting Production/Factory floor with L-Band High Speed Data SATCOM Transceivers, L-Band SATCOM Antenna product lines, and High Power Amplifiers would be an asset.
• Familiar with S parameter measurements
• Knowledge of near-field RF testing
• Knowledge of RF pattern measurement software preferably 959 spectrum
• Familiar with mixers, spectrum analyzers, Network analyzers, power meters and Noise figure analyzers
• Understand concept of axial ratio, Gain, noise temperature, noise figure, squint and cross polarization
• Knowledge of RF test methodology of L-Band to Ka-Band antennas
• Understand phase array antennas and mechanically steered antennas
• Ability to Create Formal Test Plans, test procedures including design of test set ups based on previous L-band antenna.
• Participate in the early design stages of product development with all design disciplines to ensure that testing is duly considered
• Aerospace/SATCOM Communications experience desired
• Hands-on Experience in software/hardware validation and verification
• Computer networking experience would be an asset – preferably CISCO.
• Experience working with a defined process and ability to create and improve processes
• Ability to travel to test facilities or customer sites.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Understanding of computer scripting languages is a plus
• Possess the ability to design and build test harnesses and test setups consisting of RF and digital test equipment/circuitry.
• Good people skills and the ability to work effectively with other organizations and individuals at all levels
• Ability to plan and organize technical projects
• Experienced/proficient with conducting hands-on types of test activities and proficiency creating the associated test plans, test procedures, and test reports in a timely manner.
Interested candidates can send their resumes directly to Mark Delanty at Mark.Delanty@randstad.ca.