"Must have" skills
(These are skills that are absolutely required by the employer.)
Document Control -(>5Y)
"Nice to have" skills
(These are skills the employer would like to have, but would be willing to go without.)
Document Control - Senior
Responsible for the set-up of project requirements, organizing and distributing workloads, training and supervision on large projects and coordination routings, of all document control functions on all projects.
- Provide coverage for IM Manager when out of office and provide feedback on issues/status of department.
- Provides training and supervision to new and current document control staff.
- Providing advice to the department manager regarding training.
- Provide feedback, review, write and keep up to date of CWI’s (Canadian Work Instructions), understanding of PISOPs and Client Procedures and standards.
- Write or update Work Instructions for the department and write section for the PEP.
- Distribute work load tasks and functions to the team.
- Setting-up of project requirements and project files.
- Interface with Engineering, Procurement, Construction Project Management, IT, JPI Administration and the Client.
- Communicate staffing and de-staffing needs to manager.
- Produce miscellaneous reports as per requirements.
- Attend meetings related to each project and the document control department.
- Receive and process client standards and documentation.
- Reconciliation of Client systems, and archiving of project originals.
- Recognition and Mentoring of document control team, addressing issues when required.
- Monitor problem areas and find solutions.
- Take responsibilities for team member’s decisions and show support
- Defining staffing roles and responsibilities, prioritize, delegating, processing, quality checking of daily work.
- Creating and maintaining a team atmosphere.
- Participating in the evaluation of document control staff.
- Recommendations on methods and techniques for improving quality, productivity and deadline schedules.
- The lead must be able to step in and fill any role within their team. They must have a full understanding of all positions and perform all tasks when required.
- Project close-out; job book requirements, final turnover, reconciliation of systems and archiving.
- Minimum of ten years of document control experience with supervision experience. Advanced engineering technology and ability to read and understand drawings and documentation is essential.
- Computer skill sets (Lotus, Adobe, Word and Excel, Outlook).
-Training in supervisory skills and interpersonal communications.
For immediate consideration, don’t delay, apply online today!