human resources manager job description
In the course of your workday, you may:
- plan, set up and supervise action plans
- provide expertise and support
- establish work schedules, assignments and delivery targets
- manage budgetary and financial responsibilities of the department
- prepare and distribute accurate and effective reporting
- provide motivation and communication
- direct and advise staff in the development and implementation of department and company strategies
- provide effective performance evaluation
- work with HR to hire, assure training and supervise staff
- develop team members to be assets to the company and realize advancement
General or Operations Managers can look forward to promotion to directorships and Vice Presidencies and other high-level roles such as Director, President, CEO or COO.
A successful Manager needs:
- problem and conflict solving and decision making skills
- strong organizational skills
- ethical standards and professionalism
- good communication skills
- the ability to manage a team
- the ability to delegate
- the ability to disseminate information to his team
- to create and support a corporate culture consistent with the overall organization
An undergraduate degree or college diploma in business administration or a field related to the business that employs you is the foundation for successful employment as a Manager, followed by several years of successful experience in managing staff, executing strategies and showing results. Some organizations require further certification or licensing in the field in which their business operates.
If you’re looking for a Management position with a future, Randstad can help. Contact us to find a position that fits!