what you bring to the table
UI Developers often have a background in functional composition of web pages using HTML and CSS, and are able to transform a wireframe design into a well-formatted, user-friendly webpage.
Programming experience, the ability to write complex scripts, and work with industry standard browsers is also a plus, along with knowledge of grids, typography, hierarchy and information flows. Knowledge of design software, such as Photoshop, is often seen as a plus.
To find success as a UI developer, you must:
- be highly detail oriented
- understand coding languages (HTML, CSS, Java, PHP, Python, etc.)
- recognize patterns in user behaviour
- understand layout and design principles
- communicate your ideas effectively