The Fibers Purchaser’s mission is to carry out the department's procurement strategy. You ensure compliance with the company's procurement procedures, policies and process and identify opportunities to improve the system’s efficiency. You implement negotiated commercial agreements and Cascades' procurement policy, and advise your business partners on strategic corporate purchasing. Finally, you establish strong and lasting partnerships with current and potential suppliers to effectively meet your service needs and Cascades' customer requirements, thus maximizing its return potential.
- Strategically manage the commodities and suppliers under your responsibility.
- Negotiate, implement and manage commercial agreements by taking the procurement cycle into account.
- Organize all your activities to respond effectively and efficiently to the needs of your unit in accordance with the SLA.
- Help implement your unit’s strategic procurement plan in accordance with Cascades’ business objectives.
- Advise business partners and colleagues regarding corporate procurement.
- Represent the company in the fiber markets in both buying and selling.
- Act ethically and with respect for Cascades’ culture and values.
- Help develop and implement Cascades’ procurement policy.
- Create and maintain a network in the business community.
- Monitor products and services, the market and technologies in their field, and share the results with business partners.
- Ensure that suppliers meet business partners’ requirements.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities and apply good practices.
Experiences and strengths
- 2 to 5 years of experience in a similar role
- College diploma/degree in management, procurement or the equivalent.
- Understanding of market trends and benchmarking components
- Experience with strategic purchasing
- Understanding of sourcing methodology, contract strategy, contract terms, and basic legal terms and conditions
- Extensive knowledge of procurement strategies, tactics and negotiation skills
- Ability to understand and interpret requests for contracts, evaluate and analyze costs and data, handle problems and to understand business requirements
- Ability to review and assess contracts for risk and know when to escalate as needed
- Ability to build relationships with a variety of individuals and among various departments, sites, functions and levels of the organization
- Ability to solve problems and prioritize daily tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of integrity and business acumen.
- Customer-centric approach and excellent communication skills.
- Leadership and expertise in promoting buy-in to proposed solutions.
- Ability to proactively address issues and problems by proposing solutions.
Core competencies defined for this jobClient-focusEntrepreneurial spiritFlexibility and ability to adaptImpact and influenceInitiativeValues and ethics
#respectyourtruenature #revealyourpotential #LifeAtCascades
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner.
To be part of Cascades is to reveal the full potential of materials, people and ideas. We are source of possibilities since 1964. Cascades have been providing sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions in packaging, hygiene and recovery. Join 10,000 talents working in a network in almost 80 operating units located in North America.