Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada is presently looking for dynamic individuals to fill the permanent full-time positions of Structures & Sheet Metal Technicians at our Toronto Maintenance Centre.
You will be responsible for aircraft structural repairs and modifications and completion of work related to service bulletins. This work will be carried out with the aid of engineering specifications, manuals or drawings.
- Carry out and certify sheet metal and composite repairs to aircraft components;
- Carry out and certify sheet metal and composite repairs on Company and/or contract aircraft;
- Planning, coordinating and executing work;
- Perform the required inspections, evaluations and MRs;
- Resolve material, tooling and engineering issues affecting the plan;
- Estimate and define planned repairs;
- Provide technical job direction and mentoring to ATs and other AMEs;
- Coordinate and supervise the assignment of maintenance personnel to maximize production flow with TLs, Planners, other AMEs and personnel, as required
- Sign maintenance releases (MR) for non-licensed personnel and signing for personnel not directly allocated to the work group on an ad hoc basis
- Perform general visual inspections (GVI), detailed visual inspections (DVI), conformity inspections, self-checks and required inspection items (RII);
- Sign off defects to defined standards;
- Provide oversight and management of defects;
- Complete and verify all technical records and data entries for any work performed;
- Ensuring AW and safety policies, processes and standards are followed;
- Mentoring, training and coaching maintenance personnel;
- Ensuring adequate work hand off information is provided to personnel in Maintenance Operations Control (MOC) and to those on the next shift;
- Ensuring a safe and tidy workplace
- Be familiar with Transport Canada and Company manuals and documents;
- Ability to read Structural Repair manual.
- Ability to obtain an Airside Vehicle Operator Permit;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- You must have graduated from a Transport Canada approved school in the Structural Program and/or have work experience on aircraft in Sheet Metal and/or Composite work.
- Possess of a Transport Canada (MOT) Structures "S" license, or working towards a “S” license and expected to obtain
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Eligible to work in Canada.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure and handle/prioritize multiple projects
- Be available to work days, evenings or nights including weekends and holidays
- Highly flexible and adaptable
- Effective problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Motivated and enthusiastic team player
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable transportation security clearances and additional authorizations. Please refer to Transport Canada site for more details.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position
- Endorsements on Air Canada aircraft type.
- Current security clearance.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.