Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation. Air Canada is seeking an experienced and dynamic technical analyst focused on providing support to IT solutioning. This role requires collaboration with a diverse internal workforce and extended third party service providers to create the future business application support model for our world class airline brand. These are exciting times for IT at Air Canada, with several major projects underway that will transform its IT landscape. This is a unique opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technologies and to contribute to the evolution of the Air Canada’s growth, in order to create an Automatically generated and integrated view of all customer interactions driving processes, continuously delivering customer insights and increasing customer satisfaction and revenues.We have multiple opportunities in the role Analyst, Application Development and Maintenance within the IT team in support of different areas of the organization: Cargo, Commercial and Operational branches as well as in support of the IT Operations Modernization Program. Qualifications may be vary based on the dedicated area. This position will be reporting to the “Manager, Application Development and Maintenance”.
- Develop, deliver, and maintain business applications as per desired technology architecture and business requirements while ensuring highest quality of end-products through introduction of new tools, technology, and practices for evolution of processes & optimization of applications
- Troubleshoot and fix software, cargo messaging, and connectivity issues in various projects
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders and the Data streams to understand the business needs, elicit requirements, write, and review the requirements
- Collaborate with vendors and internal users to develop, evaluate, install, and test software enhancements.
- Develop user stories based on the identified Business problems
- Coordinating with other team members in the organization to create or improve the Data workflows.
- Create Functional Specs, Data Flow and Process Documents.
- Review the sensitive interaction Data on an On-going basis.
- Performing analysis to assess quality and meaning of data.
- Building a reliable and performant database for reporting.
- Communicating analysis results and making recommendations to relevant stakeholders
- Provide support for the business analysis and technology/business integration efforts
- Conduct requirement and systems analysis and translate business requirements
- Support multiple working methodologies such as Hybrid, Agile, DevOps
- Maintaining and updating technical documents, flowcharts, and procedures
- A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role
- At least 3 years of IT technology or operations experience in a large company preferably in the Transportation/Airline domain would be an asset
- Strong knowledge of all facets of the Airline operation is desirable.
- Solid understanding of baggage and ramp business processes.
- Knowledge of Baggage/Ramp applications is an asset.
- Understanding of ITIL, SDLC, Agile methodologies, Jira, and cyber security risk management frameworks are assets
- Knowledge of basic computer programs and concepts such as scaling, database analysis, and software interfaces
- Knowledge of SQL and Snowflake.
- Working knowledge of data visualization software like Power BI or Webfocus
- Accuracy and attention to details.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Solution oriented, demonstrated judgment and decision-making skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills Strong mathematical skills to help collect, measure, organize and analyze data
- Knowledge with User Acceptance Testing, Quality assurance testing, and has impact assessments skills
- Self-starter, highly motivated, able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong team player with a commitment to continuous improvement
- Flexible, creative, and responsive to needs of users
- Basic working knowledge of Salesforce technical skills in terms of App exchange, automation, collaboration, data management, reports and dashboards would be an advantage
- Cargo domain experience will be a bonus.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.