Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation. The Cyber Security Operations Centre Analyst will be working in a fast paced and innovative environment for one of North America’s top airlines. The Cyber Security Operations Centre Analyst position requires information gathering, analytics aptitude and problem-solving skills. Cyber security and fraud threats continue to evolve, and the Cyber Security team will evolve with it. The Cyber Security Operations Centre is the first line of defense to protect Air Canada and our customers. This position reports to the Manager of the Cyber Security Operations Centre. Responsibilities:
- Support security monitoring, response, and remediation activities of Air Canada’s technology environment.
- Support Loyalty fraud detection and response activities for Air Canada’s loyalty program.
- Act as an incident responder and first line of defense, identify and respond to cyber security and fraud threats.
- Support the steady state operations of our enterprise security monitoring and response tools
- Develop and provide input into standard operating procedures.
- Measure and report on key service-level metrics showcasing the effects of the Cyber Security Operations program.
- Generate security incident reports and dashboards for IT administrators and business managers to evaluate the efficacy of security monitoring and responsive capabilities.
- Perform technical investigations to identify abuse and misuse of systems and processes.
- Take corrective actions to mitigate and prevent any negative impact to Air Canada and its customers, partners, and affiliates due to fraud.
- Develop and identify fraudulent activity patterns and describe to a detection engineer in order to develop detection rules.
- Work with relevant stakeholders (Which may include customers, partners, and internal teams). and collect information while investigating a potential cyber security or fraud threat to Air Canada.
- Reviewing and analyzing data from multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicating analysis results and making recommendations to relevant stakeholders.
- Support planning and monitoring processes.
- Build relationships throughout the organization to enhance and support our focus on safe, secure, and reliable operations.
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of fraud and security threats, and countermeasures. Which may include but not limited to monitoring illicit communication channels.
- Act as the subject matter expert on behalf of the Cyber Security Operations Centre.
- Perform analysis and conduct investigations to identify fraud patterns, trends and any misuse of the loyalty platform and systems.
- A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role.
- 2-3+ years of IT technology or operations experience in a large company or in an operational response fraud role.
- Certification in Information Security (Security+, GCIA, OSCP or any other blue team training) is a plus.
- Strong technical background in various operating systems, networks, applications, databases, and cloud.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization with superior verbal and written skills.
- Superior customer service and client interfacing skills.
- IT and Cyber background in order to understand basic concepts and technology as part of the fraud such as IP Address, Domains, VPN’s, etc.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and in rapidly changing environments or uncertain conditions.
- Openness and willingness to adapt to different and new ways of doing things passion for Service Improvement.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others on a team, and to establish and maintain effective business relationships.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, learn quickly, handle a high volume of activity, and work in fast-paced environment.
- After hours on-call support for escalations.
- Ability to travel and work effectively with remote teams.
- Availability and flexibility as shift work may be part of the requirement as this role is part of our 24/7 IT Operations.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates. Diversity and Inclusion Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.