Trans-Canada Capital (TCC) is an asset management firm specializing in innovative investment strategies for institutional investors. Since 2009, the team has successfully managed the pension assets of Air Canada, one of the largest corporate pension plans in the country. Over the years, we have earned an enviable reputation by generating superior returns through strategies focusing on alpha generation in a rigorous risk-controlled framework. With approximately C$30 billion in assets under management (inclusive of leverage), more than 100 investment professionals based in Montreal and Toronto, and a complete range of alternative solutions, TCC is well positioned to meet the needs of institutional investors seeking steady returns.
Reporting to the Director, Investments & Risk, the incumbent will contribute to daily reporting and analysis activities. The team's mandate is to provide risk insights to support TCC's investment objectives. Its activities span multiple asset classes throughout the use of financial derivatives. Most of its time is spent on simulating and monitoring risk. The team comprises of six teammates with backgrounds including finance, actuarial science, mathematics and physics.
The candidate will choose TCC because of its collaborative work environment, the sophistication and diversification of the financial products traded, the tight-knit relationship amongst the investment teams and the competitiveness of its total compensation package.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Support the Senior Risk Analyst in the coordination of risk analysis reporting to internal committees, counterparties and clients
- Support the Senior Risk Analyst to ensure the timely production and dissemination of the risk metrics of the internal portfolios (sensitivities, stress tests, active risk, liquidity risk, VaR, etc.)
- Review and provide comments on key risk metrics of portfolios and trades
- Participate in the development of processes to measure and report risk
- Participate in the management of databases of market factors and risk metrics
- Maintain close ties with various stakeholders, including traders, portfolio managers and the investment operations team
- All other tasks required by the position
- University degree in finance, actuarial science, mathematics or another related field
- FRM, PRM, CFA and/or actuarial professional designation is an asset
- Minimum of 3 years of pertinent experience
- Skill and interest in programming (such as Python, SQL, etc.) and Microsoft Excel
- Bilingual (spoken/written) French and English, essential
- Good customer service skills
- Proficiency in implementing and executing processes for generating reports
- Rigorous, disciplined and well organized (efficient, high-quality, well-structured work)
- Team worker
- Strong analytical skills with a sense for detail
- Autonomous and dynamic
- Ability to keep his/her knowledge up to date and aware of the latest developments and trends in risk
The position will be based in Downtown Montreal with a hybrid working model
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Bilingual (English and French). This position requires proficiency in a language other than French to support customers and employees located outside the province of Quebec or who require services in a language other than French.
Diversity and Inclusion
TCC is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
TCC thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.