Cascades C.P. Lithotec in Scarborough is hiring Assistant Machine Operators! Reporting to the shift Lead hands and Asset Owners, machine operators will be trained on all positions within the job family they are assigned.Desired Profile
Operators joining the team should possess the following skills and adhere to these specifications:
Safety: Must show a commitment to an interdependent safety-first attitude.
Positive Attitude: Consistently display positive behavior that supports the organization’s goals and objectives.
Education: High School Diploma/GED or equivalent.
Mechanical skill: Must be mechanically inclined and understand mechanical principles.
Endurance: This job entails bending, walking, lifting, and climbing throughout the shift.
Teamwork: Ability to work independently and in a team empowerment culture.
Adaptability: Highly flexible with the ability to adjust to the demands of the job, produce high quality work, and can be depended on to complete assigned tasks. Must be a self-starter.
Communication: Ability to communicate well with others and able to participate in team meetings.
Work organization: Must be available for rotation shifts, overtime, and job family rotation.
Attendance: Superior attendance record.
Experience: Some manufacturing experience required and consistent work history preferred.
Other: Applicants are required to pass background check, physical/drug screen.Operational Responsibilities
- Follow all safety rules and standard operational procedures.
- Ensure continuous production of their department with fellow operators
- Provide support for the problem-solving process and the improvement process.
- Attend and participate in daily crew meetings.
- Learn the operational function of the production equipment you are responsible for and gain knowledge of the production process.
- Assist as general labor when required.
- Complete other tasks as requested by supervisor.