We are looking for a strong Payroll and Bookkeeping candidate with at least 2+ years of experience in both these areas for an IMMEDIATE opportunity with a well-established construction company in Mississauga. 80% of the role will be processing payroll for their office of 100+ salaried employees, including T4 processing. The remaining 20% of this position will be bookkeeping functions to support the accounting team, including Accounts Payables, processing prepaid expenses, and variance analysis.Please note this will be an IN OFFICE opportunity to start, with the potential to work from home once the successful candidate is more settled in the seat. Our client is located in Mississauga and will require you to commute Monday through Friday.This is a 6-month contract to start, with strong potential for the successful candidate to go permanent beyond this point.Advantages- Hands-on, in-office opportunity, extremely transit accessible- 6-month contract to start, STRONG possibility for the right candidate to go permanent- Small, family team environment- Opportunity to be a part of a growing teamResponsibilities- Payroll processing for 100+ salaried employees on a bi-weekly basis in Ceridian PowerPay- Holiday pay, sick pay, and T4 processing- Calculate and track taxable benefits- Assist with payroll related journal entries- Monthly WSIB remittances- Reconcile and maintain some corporate accounts G/L accounts to identify discrepancies requiring investigation- Assist with month-end, quarterly and year end close processes- Some reconciliations and ad hoc finance support as neededQualifications- 2+ years of experience in both Payroll and Bookkeeping functions- Ability to own the payroll process for a small team on a relatively independent basis- Bookkeeping skills, experience doing prepaids, accrued liability, accounts payable, general and administrative expense and variance analysis- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills- Familiarity with Ceridian payroll programs, PowerPay being a strong asset- Strong payroll technical knowledge including relevant legislation, policies and regulationsSummaryAll interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly to this posting, or send their resumes in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted for the next steps.Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.