DescriptionLocation: (Montreal, QC, Canada) (Onsite) Salary: $18.85/hour Job type: Full-Time Plus shift premium:Evening shifts (between 18:00 and 23:00) – $0.50 per hour Night shifts (between 23:00 and 6:00) – $1.00 per hour The opportunity Right now, Air Canada is looking for Cabin Service and Cleaning Attendants to join our ground handling team. A huge part of this role is to ensure the aircraft is ready for a secure and on-time departure. To do this, Cleaning Attendants need to be quick, meticulous, and efficient so passengers can have a happy and comfortable flying experience. Think you’re up to the challenge? If you’re a hands-on team player who will thrive in a diverse team that will help you hone your skills, this is the perfect opportunity for you. Don’t miss it. What your day-to-day looks like As a Cabin Service and Cleaning Attendant, you will play an important role in ensuring that our aircraft are ready on time. You will also:
- Equip the aircraft cabin for flight with cabin servicing supplies
- Clean and review the interiors of aircraft
- Vacuum the floor, clean surfaces and replace headrests
- Refill seat pockets with magazines and safety information
- Air Canada staff love to travel and we have one of the most generous employee travel programs in the industry. You will be eligible for travel privileges for yourself and other eligible persons once you’ve completed twenty-eight (28) weeks of service.
- We value your wellbeing which is why we offer a wide variety of benefit plans, including health and dental, for you and your family
- Training and development tools to help unlock your full potential
QualificationsSkills and experience required This is a role that carries a great deal of responsibility. Therefore, we have a number of key criteria to ensure your success:
- Availability to work in shifts
- Ability to lift heavy objects and work within strict timelines
- Eligibility to work in Canada
- A valid driver's license
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable transportation security clearances and additional authorizations. Please refer to Transport Canada site for more details.
Conditions of Employment
- Eligible to work in Canada. If you hold a work permit, it must be valid for a minimum of 12 months.
- Eligible candidates must be eligible to work in Canada, possessing a valid driver's license and be available to attend full time training (attendance is mandatory).
- Employees in this role, conduct safety-critical work and as such, Air Canada medical standards must be met in order to qualify for the role. Candidates will be subject to a medical evaluation, including a drug and alcohol test and are expected to be free of any intoxicating substances.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibly of the candidates applying for this position.