ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensure compliance with all Company policies, OH & S Legislation and WCB reporting procedures.
2. Follow the preventative maintenance program for all stationary and mobile equipment including completing all supporting documentation and immediately report any defects which may jeopardize the safe operation of the equipment.
3. Understand and maintain quality and production standards and work to achieve established production goals.
4. Maintain clear and safe access to dumping areas for incoming vehicles.
5. May be required to perform pre-sorting duties on the floor. This may include opening bags, removing large items, removing garbage, etc.
6. May be required to perform traffic control duties for incoming vehicles.
7. Report any contamination issues to the Production Supervisor.
8. Report any issues with operation of conveyors, traffic congestion, safety concerns, etc. to the Lead Hand and/or Supervisors.
9. Communicate effectively with the Production Supervisor and/or the Production Manager, to minimize errors and maximize production.
10. Assists with direction and provides instruction on safety, production and quality issues to other staff as instructed.
11. Trouble shoot problems with the equipment as required.
12. Complete daily housekeeping assignments.
• Counterbalance Forklift, Skid Steer and or Loader certification considered to be an asset.
• Incumbent must have a good knowledge of paper grades, shipping and receiving requirements and all plant operations, policies and safety procedures.
• Strong communication skills
• Must be self-motivated and be able to work independently
• Basic mechanical ability
• Must be able to operate all required equipment in the department
• Demonstrated experience in a plant environment.
Wage: $19.18, Premium, 50 cent after 3 months. Another 3 months, 50 cents.