Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation. As a Customer Experience Manager – Airports, you will play an important leadership role in our ambition to become a top ten global airline. Your priority will be to ensure the airline safely delivers on and exceeds our customers’ expectations of their Air Canada experience. By creating a safe, positive, and accountable environment, your dedication to customer service excellence and glowing hearted hospitality will allow you to anticipate and deliver on our customers’ needs, while providing proactive and empathetic leadership to our team. The Customer Experience Manager role will provide the opportunity to work in various areas such as: Station Operations Center, Airside/Ramp/Apron Operations, Baggage Services, Staff Deployment/Planning & In-Terminal Operations. In all areas you will be managing both our customers experience and providing leadership to our unionized employees (IAMAW & Unifor).
- Representing our brand and company vision for customer service excellence;
- Understanding our internal and external customers by anticipating needs and delivering on promises;
- Caring for our customers in difficult situations;
- Building and nurturing trusting relationships. Fostering employee development by empowering, coaching, and supporting our team to be their very best,
- Managing front line unionized employees belonging to both Unifor and IAMAW;
- Working indoors or outdoors if applicable;
- 24-hour Airport operations will require shift work/weekends and holidays;
- Possess at least a high school diploma;
- A minimum of two years previous people management experience;
- Managerial Courage to make difficult decision to ensure operational integrity, safety, and an on-time performance;
- Ability to work flexible schedules (24-hour Airport Operation/ Shift work/Weekends and Holidays);
- Ability to successfully obtain an Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC) & Airside Vehicle Operator’s Permit;
- Must have a full valid driver’s license;
- Ability to lift 50lbs;
- Ability to walk long distances and stand for long periods;
- Effective Decision Making in a timely manner during stressful situations;
- Strong interpersonal skills (organizational, team oriented & focused);
- Entrepreneurial & self-managed abilities;
- A genuine passion for creating and leading a global top ten Airline customer and employee experience;
- Ability to develop trust and rapport while providing employees performance coaching;
- An entrepreneurial, energetic and tenacious attitude;
- Ability to adapt to new technology and to share that knowledge;
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.