Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation. The Artificial Intelligence’s Center of Excellence (AI-CoE) is a central group within Air Canada’s IT organization that builds Machine Learning and Optimization solutions to internal business units including Revenue Management, Network Planning, Operations, Maintenance, and Cargo organizations. As a Delivery Lead, AI, you will lead an AI project end-to-end throughout the development lifecycle. The ideal candidate will be passionate about building great products and delivering results. The Delivery Lead, Artificial Intelligence, will drive the successful execution of one or more AI projects in terms of meeting business and technical specifications in line with the cost, schedule and quality targets defined for the project. The successful candidate will be proactive and able to build trust with business stakeholders to drive the project holistically and ensure that risks are identified and resolved successfully. One of the main Delivery Lead roles and responsibilities is to act as a bridge between the management, the stakeholders, and the project team members. Responsibilities:
- Lead the AI projects from end-to-end encompassing planning, design, technical implementation, debugging, and roll-out to production.
- Support the definition of business and technical requirements by ensuring the integration of technical documentation so that all project business documents, artifacts and deliverables are signed off and meet business needs.
- Compile master project roadmap including workstreams, key activities, milestones, due dates, build out project timelines, track tasks assignment and monitor project progress,
- Provide on-going communication to key stakeholders, including the Product owner, the AI CoE management, the AI Program Manager to ensure they are aware of significant changes to the project status in a timely manner.
- Work with Product owner and stakeholders to define use cases and translate use cases into specifications, quantify and track business value, and work across business and technical teams to drive successful delivery of products.
- Manage scope and pace of execution to ensure high quality and on time delivery.
- Matrix-manage a multidisciplinary team to achieve project cost, schedule, and quality targets.
- Provide business and technical inputs to Business Governance and Operational Management Committees, as appropriate.
- Engage appropriate stakeholders to identify and manage required outcomes of projects for the business.
- Communicate regularly with fellow delivery leads involved in other initiatives to foster an environment of mutual awareness and alignment on converging project timelines, interdependencies, and common challenges and best practices.
- Assess and escalate risk related project to the proper management level when needed.
- Follow and champion all project governance methodologies and associated practices, including risks, dependencies, and decision logs.
- Conduct project retrospectives to harness lessons learned
- Bachelor’s degree in business, science, engineering, management, or relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 8+ years’ experience managing complex projects with extensive background in development and delivering them throughout the development lifecycle.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally, communicate succinctly and efficiently, build consensus, and handle complex projects in similar environment.
- Strong relationship management, leadership skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to simultaneously manage strategic and tactical plans while navigating an evolving business environment.
- A proven track record with the Agile delivery model and software development lifecycle best practices.
- An ability to drive to big picture goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work, both personally and at a team level
- Self motivated, a creative problem solver, able to build contingency plans and handle stressful situation with professionalism.
- Ability to establish positive working relationships at all levels
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates. Diversity and Inclusion: Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.