Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation. Do you enjoy developing cloud-based solutions to complex problems? Air Canada Digital Enablement teams are building a fast-moving development team to develop engaging mobile enterprise applications. This is a great opportunity for a results-oriented software developer to analyze and build leading-edge solutions. The candidate should be self-driven, highly motivated, innovative and ready to deliver with our agile development teams. The Developer will report to the Manager, Digital Enablement. Responsibilities
- Handle software applications development, testing & implementation of projects
- Develop scalable, high performance, and robust cloud-based web and mobile solutions.
- Package and support deployment of DevOps agile releases.
- Develop, refine, and fine-tune applications.
- Analyzing and resolving technical and applications issues.
- Apply effective coding practices for error-free timely release
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones to drive maximum performance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to solve development constraints and deployment issues
- Assist in the collection and analysis of requirements and user stories.
- Prepare reports and documentation on the status, operation, and maintenance of software.
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from other developers, scrum master and product managers.
- Support the testing and launching efforts of new cloud-based products.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in working with responsive web designs
- Very comfortable developing in an Agile environment
- Familiar with version control systems (eg. GIT)
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery/Deployment experience
- Real-world experience with mission-critical enterprise REST APIs (either as consumer or producer)
- Strong understanding of cross platform development using PAAS cloud systems.
- Comfortable analyzing network traffic using Fiddler/Postman/Wireshark etc.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and in rapidly changing environments or uncertain conditions
- Demonstrates openness and willingness to adapt to new ways of doing things
- Takes responsibility for the results and actively participates in the future direction of the organization
- Demonstrates concern for satisfying external and/or internal customers.
- Focuses on the accomplishment of the team’s and unit’s work; sets challenging goals and meets or exceeds goals
- Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team in person and/or remotely.
- Approaches a problem by using a logical, systematic, and sequential approach
Assets: Certifications in core programming languages, Cloud platforms, DevOps and Agile methodologies; Cross platform development (Xamarin, Cordova, Phone Gap, React native, etc.); SharePoint Online development Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.