Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation. Responsible to execute operations support tasks related to GDS (Global Distribution System) and NDC (New Distribution Capability) channels including performing analysis, investigation and obtaining commitment for resolving issues from internal teams and/or external vendors. Complete validation audits to ensure Online Travel agency (OTA), META search engine websites, and OTA mobile applications distribute AC products as expected. A key mission of this position is to ensure that the AC product is distributed as intended in our GDS and NDC channels and that booking AC is an effortless and straightforward experience. Key Functions & Accountabilities
- Manage NDC and GDS (including AC channels using NDC) daily operations by reviewing reported issues in Salesforce, troubleshoot, replicate and provide guidance/feedback to reporter. Open reports with vendors (in their reporting system) for review and further action (e.g. GDS: Sabre, Travelport [Galileo, Apollo and Worldspan], Amadeus, TravelSky, Abacus and Infini or NDC: JIRA/Service Now/Confluence/etc).
- Track, prioritize and escalate high priority issues resulting from external (e.g. GDS/NDC) or internal client product system changes.
- Support escalation of critical issues for NDC and GDS distribution channels. Ensure final results are documented and communicated to management team.
- Participate in technical discussions with internal and external parties (e.g., NDC partners, GDS, AC business units, external vendors/customers, etc.), provide support and functional expertise including recommendations.
- Support Air Canada external customers and GDS Account Managers on potential inquires by participating in regular meetings to discuss ongoing challenges.
- Assist with questions related to trouble reports (TRs) or enhancements presented during testing, raise any concerns to stakeholders, contribute to recommendations for work around solutions and complete internal and external communication.
- Analyze and troubleshoot operational issues in AC’s product displays and functionality in direct and indirect channels. Identify if issues exist, expose inabilities or deficiencies in these channels, for example issues with completing transactions for book, ticketing, modify, adding ancillaries including EMD, etc. Ensure that any identified issues are reported and resolved.
- Understand and be familiar with use of Infare automation tool and Alteryx process used to populate data and dashboards for audit activities performed by the offshore WNS team.
- Support OTA validation process by performing additional audit activities for online distribution channels. Compare AC web “baseline” fares and availability against online distribution channels such as OTA (online travel agencies), META search engines, Mobile applications, etc. and decide on next steps, including completion of test booking, reporting, tracking and performing refund functions.
- Identify and track discrepancies (e.g., instances where OTAs may be manipulating fares, discounting fares or applying additional service fees), perform analysis, identify trends and maintain regular communication of results to management team.
- Responsible to maintain Product Distribution Operations processes and procedures documentation.
- Technical skills in particular area of expertise:
- Proficiency in ARDWEB, Cryptic Altea, GDS (e.g. Sabre, Apollo, Galileo and Worldspan etc.) and web/internet knowledge.
- Knowledge of the following system is considered an asset: Salesforce, Infare, Service Now, JIRA, Service Now etc.
- Must be fully comfortable and familiar with operating a PC using Microsoft – Office – Word and Excel software (required) and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in GDS pricing and fare filings.
- Knowledge of AIRIMP, SSIM formats, ticketing/BSP and other IATA standards an asset.
- Knowledge of reservation teletype messaging an asset.
- Knowledge of airline messaging (such as NDC, XML, IATA Standard Edifact) an asset.
- Academic certification:
- University degree or solid working experience in a relevant field (e.g. formal travel/tourism course or training program).
- Previous business experiences:
- Previous work experience within an airline sale, customer service, or pricing/tariff disciplines would be an asset.
- Sound working experience in the airline industry (reservations, marketing and customer support experience).
- Experience in testing, quality assurance and control.
- Personal attributes/competencies
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Results Oriented
- Ability to multi-task and have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to work with diverse groups and working styles.
- Able to multi-task and handle multiple projects simultaneously as well as work under pressure, in changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Details oriented with the ability to deliver assigned objectives, on-time and within budget.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with multiple levels of the organization.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.