Reporting to the Operational Efficiency Director, the Electrical Engineer's mission is to contribute to the development and implementation of your business strategy by developing project plans aimed at maximizing operational excellence. You act as a technical expert and support problem solving by collaborating with various stakeholders. You also build a competent and mobilized team and support continuous improvement efforts to ensure the implementation of standardized, safe and highly valued processes, practices and tools within your unit. As a result, you actively participate in projects’ realization that ensure the achievement of operational efficiency and occupational health and safety objectives and have a direct influence on processes and products’ quality and your department’s profitability.
Why work at Cascades
- Excellent company-paid benefits
- Weekly Pay
- Working with a dedicated and passionate team of leaders
- Strong Company Culture
- Profit sharing and 401K Options
- Working for a company with a strong focus on sustainability and greener initiatives
- Huge Career Advancement Opportunities
- PPE Allowance
- Contribute to the optimal execution of operations by achieving targets in occupational health and safety, talent engagement and management, and production plan execution (OEE)
- Establish and apply standardized production practices and procedures to achieve your unit’s objectives
- Contribute to resolving technical problems within the unit by coordinating and facilitating meetings in collaboration with the various stakeholders (technical assistance)
- Implement processes and tools to foster a culture of continuous improvement within your sector
- Contribute to the improvement of process and product quality
- Develop performance indicators and ensure their implementation and follow-up
- Participate in plant operations to implement all operational excellence program procedures related to quality assurance
- Monitor corrective and preventive actions (internal and external) with managers and offer them the necessary support to ensure their effectiveness
Experiences and strengths
- Electrical engineering degree
- Strong organizational skills and ability to set priorities
- Keen sense of collaboration to communicate effectively with stakeholders from various levels of the organization
- Leadership and expertise in promoting buy-in to proposed solutions
- Ability to translate challenges into concrete solutions
- Ability to support and advise business partners in analyzing their needs and finding solutions
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Knowledge of continuous improvement concepts and the ability to integrate them into your management
- Agility needed to work with various technological tools
- Knowledge of SAP software or other ERP (an asset)
Core competencies defined for this jobPlanning and organizingAdvisory roleAccountabilityRigourAutonomyContinuous improvement
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. It will fairly consider all those qualified for this position. The use of the masculine in our communication refers to both women and men.
Being part of Cascades means revealing the full potential of matter, people and ideas. We are a source of possibilities. Since 1964, we have been offering sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions in terms of packaging, hygiene and recovery.
Join 12,000 women and men working in a network of more that 90 business units located in North America and Europe.