Greenpac Mill is looking for highly motivated engineering students who are career-focused and ready to put classroom theory into practice at a state-of-the-art facility. We are excited to offer internship in various areas of the mill where students will work alongside subject matter experts and gain practical experience while contributing to the daily successes and challenges in the mill.
Depending on area of study and placement with the mill, students will have an opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the following:
• Calibrating broke related consistency transmitters
• Pipe length and sizing
• Performing and interpreting test results
• Analyze losses in stock prep by system
• Determine effect of anionic trash on chemical efficiency
• Test Zeta potential, on furnish streams before and after chemical addition. Test ph and conductivity as well
• Water consumption mapping
• Energy consumption
• Sheet Break Identification SOP, Checklists, and Training Development
• Machine Speed Restrictions
• CD profile 2 sigma improvement – Moisture/Basis Weight/Strength/Formation
• Wet End Charge/Zeta Analysis
• Thick stock consistency control
• Press Felt Cleanliness; Optimization ROI
• Conducting CIDs
• Reliability improvement
• Safety audits
• Steam optimization
• Cycle time assessments
• Basic principles of engineering
• Project research, field work, preliminary design calculations and analysis
• Collecting and maintaining project documentation
• Project work to develop technical, social and ethical skills
Other key tasks and learnings:
Attend morning production meetings, monthly quality meetings, shutdown meetings, and more.
Work to understand machine parameters in relation to paper quality.
• Must be enrolled in an accredited college (2 or 4 year) with an expected graduation in 2023 or 2024
• Preferred concentration in Environmental, Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Quality Engineering
• GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Thrives in a team environment
• Effective troubleshooter
• Familiarity with lab testing procedures and statistical analysis a plus
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
#respectyourtruenature #revealyourpotential #LifeAtCascades
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner.
To be part of Cascades is to reveal the full potential of materials, people and ideas. We are source of possibilities since 1964. Cascades have been providing sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions in packaging, hygiene and recovery. Join 10,000 talents working in a network in almost 80 operating units located in North America.