Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation. Reporting to the Data Governance Lead, the Analyst, Data & Analytics, (Enterprise Data Steward) within the Data Governance Team will play a crucial role in defining data governance policies and procedures, managing data classification, data security and supporting the implementation of data artifacts within data-related projects and initiatives. The Analyst, Data & Analytics, (Enterprise Data Steward) will be responsible for ensuring that data assets are protected and aligned with the organization’s goals and industry regulations. Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Business Stakeholders to drive continuous improvement of data management capabilities, practices, and outcomes.
- Inform business stakeholders on the various data management controls and procedures including Data Classification, Data Retention and Disposal and Metadata.
- Collaborate with Cyber, Privacy and Legal to define and implement data policies and procedures.
- Maintain data policy registry within the Data Governance Platform.
- Proactively anticipate future potential data related issues and suggest ways to mitigate or eliminate risk.
- Recommend process improvements to enhance overall data quality.
- Determine data criticality in the context of identified data governance processes; Assess general data quality and identifies data issues.
- Develop rules and process to control the integrity (accuracy, thoroughness, process compliance) of data.
- Ensure that data is properly classified and secured in accordance with industry regulations and company policies.
- Monitor data usage and ensure compliance with data governance policies and regulations.
- Deliver training and awareness programs for data business stewards on data policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain metrics and KPIs to measure the effectiveness of data policies and standards.
- Contribute to the implementation of the Data Governance Framework.
- Answer requests from auditors. Perform security audits. Ensure access to data is as per privacy rules.
- University degree in related field (Mathematics, Statistics, BI, Operations Research, Computer science) or 2 years of pertinent experience in data management or data governance
- Good understanding of Data Governance and Data Management methodologies, values, and practices. (I.e., Data Cataloging, Metadata management, Data traceability)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Autonomous, detail oriented and able to drive data related projects with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communicator to both business as well as technical audiences.
- Familiarity with Data Governance & Catalog Platforms (Informatica, Collibra, Alation)
- Proven organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and ability to take initiative.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates. Diversity and Inclusion: Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.