Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation. Air Canada is seeking an experienced and dynamic lT specialist focused on providing overall system management services for Air Canada’s New Distribution Capability platform. As a Specialist, you are expected to provide real world expertise in application service design, support, and delivery while we modernize and optimize our business solutions. This role requires collaboration with a diverse internal workforce and extended third party service providers to create the future business application support model for our world class airline brand.
These are exciting times for IT at Air Canada, with many major projects underway that will transform the IT landscape in the company. Air Canada is also investing in new technologies that will facilitate its digital transformation. This is a unique opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technologies and to contribute to the creation of the Air Canada of tomorrow.
This position will be reporting to “Manager, Application Development and Maintenance” responsible for Air Canada’s Product Distribution, Payments & Sales Systems.
- Solution, deliver and maintain key initiatives in Air Canada’s evolving enterprise solutions, as per desired technology architecture and business requirements.
- Ensure Enterprise Platform architecture is aligned with Air Canada’s business goals and objectives.
- Develop and communicate technical architecture guidance, design patterns, and standards, and collaborate with IT stakeholders in the development and evaluation of architecture-compliant solutions.
- Direct analysis of technology, industry, and market trends, and determine their potential impact on Air Canada’s technology environment.
- Conduct an evaluation of the current IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Become the Air Canada Technical SME (Subject matter expert) on each application of the Enterprise Platform portfolio and take a leadership role on the platform’s technical enhancements, constantly evolving its resilience and monitoring capabilities.
- Responsible for reviewing the technical architecture from security, accessibility, data integrity, and availability points of view.
- Responsible for running all standard and major Cloud releases, review with the Business and assess impact, test and deliver.
- Responsible for the quarterly review of SOC compliance, working closely with the Vendor and IT Audit team.
- Overseeing and monitoring progress on complex and/or multiple projects relative to scope, schedules, budgets, and quality.
- Troubleshoot and fix software, messaging, and connectivity issues. Drive complex, multi-dimensional issues to completion by coordinating with the necessary various teams.
- Provide technology evaluation and selection advice to management teams.
- Checking conformance to standards and architectural decision and resolving design and architectural conflicts by explaining and justifying design and architectural decisions.
- Minimize the impact of integration on various existing processes.
- Responsible for working across technology functions to ensure synergistic collaboration and attain shared goals.
- As the Technical lead for the Enterprise Platform, you are responsible for providing mentorship to new team members and develop their technical skills and capabilities.
- Responsible for technical documentation and keep current all support and workflow processes
- Work with 3rd party vendor to manage and maintain current support model.
- A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role.
- 7-8 years of technology operations and design experience with a technical leadership role, in a mission critical application environment, in an large enterprise IT organization,
- Very strong and detailed knowledge of Airline transportation as asset.
- Understanding of ITIL, SDLC, Agile methodologies, Jira, Confluence, Service Now, and cyber security risk management frameworks are assets.
- Knowledge of Message Platforms and in particular IBM MQ a strong asset.
- Knowledge of Security Gateways and API Managers a strong asset.
- Experience of a PCI constrained environment an asset.
- Experience in Cloud technologies in particular AWS an asset.
- Experience with Red Hat OpenShift an asset
- Experience with Serverless technologies in particular AWS Lambdas an asset
- Knowledge of Mulesoft will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of sFTP/FTP (File transfers or MFT (Automated File Transfers and Message Brokers is an added advantage.
- Expertise with DevOps technologies and processes an asset.
- Excellent API knowledge and implementation abilities.
- Understanding of integration platforms and batch scheduling systems.
- Functional knowledge of airline reservation processes is an asset.
- Direct experience working with APIs and integrating to application platforms.
- Possess strong analytical, creative, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills. Detail-oriented team player.
- Curious by nature and eager to learn extensively in both technological and business environments of Air Canada.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.