Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation. Provide administrative support to the Vice President, Global Human Resources. The ideal candidate will be a team player with meticulous work standards, basic project management skills, the ability to prioritize and multitask, and has exemplary interpersonal skills. The nature of the work demands complete confidentiality.
Key Functions & Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with key members of the organization and gain their trust and respect
- Interface/liaise regularly with other Air Canada Executives, their assistants, their leadership teams and external customers
- Conduct daily calendar management (Outlook) and proactively adjust their schedule based on priorities
- Manage and prioritize tasks and emails
- Organize meetings from end to end (planning, agenda, scheduling, and technology)
- Coordinate travel arrangements, including flight, hotel, meals, and car rental reservations
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations, spreadsheets, graphs, reports as required
- Coordinate and/or prepare reports to support business needs
- Complete expense reports
- Create/maintain contact lists and spreadsheets
- Monitor and provide updates on departmental budget and headcounts
- Maintain accurate records & filing of records
- Provide assistance with special projects as required
- Proactively follow up with team members to ensure that all deliverables are achieved in real time
- Administer telecommunications for the branch (contact person with the provider and IT, order mobile phones and monitor invoices)
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a high-school diploma
- Five-years’ experience in a similar position supporting Executive or senior management level positions would be an asset
- Ability to work well and maintain composure under pressure, meet deadlines and work with minimum supervision
- Strong sense of initiative and disposition to innovate to improve processes
- Strong interpersonal skills: problem solving, customer focused, approachability
- Excellent organizational skills: planning, priority setting and managing through systems
- A very high degree of diplomacy, discretion, professional maturity and judgement
- Looks beyond the obvious and is able to overcome obstacles and challenges
- Excellent communication skills
- Expert knowledge of Windows and all Microsoft Office products
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, on occasion
- Some limited travel may be required
- Bilingual (English/French)
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.