- Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Required as of October 31st, 2021
- Perform preventative maintenance & servicing, to Building related mechanical equipment.
- Investigate and troubleshoot faulty Hangar Doors, Overhead doors, fire doors etc.
- Ability to install, maintain, repair, dismantle, and reassemble machinery
- Ability to use welding equipment, hand, and power tools as necessary
- Perform minor repairs including replacement of gearboxes, sprockets, chains, door panels ·
- Preform visual inspections of buildings to maintain Building Code standards. ·
- Ensure all work is completed in a safe manner and complies with applicable industry standards.
- Performing other facility related duties as requested.
- Team oriented individual with demonstrated ability to work unsupervised and self directed.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Able to work shifts, including weekends & participate in on-call rotation
Must posses a valid DVS (Diploma of Vocational Studies).
Must posses valid Driver’s licence with clean abstract
Must posses 433a Certification or equivalent · Minimum 5 years field experience.
Knowledge of building mechanics, Hangar door systems, controls systems, Mechanical system operation, MIG welding, CMMS
Candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be detailed oriented.
Basic computer knowledge (Word, Excel, e-mail and internet).
High School diploma.
A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in general maintenance of GSE, and/or automotive, and/or farm or heavy industrial equipment
Able to successfully pass the pre-employment qualifying exam.
Hold a valid driver’s license.
Able to pass security clearance and obtain the Transport Canada security card (MOT).
Able to obtain the ADM driver license (DA) to operate motor vehicles in the restricted area traffic zones (airside).
Be available to work days, evenings or nights including weekends.
Employees in this role, conduct safety-critical work and as such, Air Canada medical standards must be met in order to qualify for the role. Candidates will be subject to a medical evaluation, including a drug and alcohol test and are expected to be free of any intoxicating substances.