New starting wage range of $23.69 - $27.19 / hour!*
*contingent on type of machine being operated
As a Production Operator, you will report to the Production Supervisor and are an integral member of our team! You will be trained in multiple aspects of the mill as the role encompasses either our paper making and/or converting departments.Job Responsibilities
- Operate winder, logsaw, wrapper, case packer, case printer, case sealer, etc.
- Complete roll changes, including webbing up the machine
- Check and fill lamination, tail tie and pick up glues
- Troubleshoot machine operation issues
- Operate hand tools, pallet jacks, and fire extinguishers
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to complete product changeovers
- Load boxes by hand to case packers
- Ensure conformance to product specifications by completing all quality checks
- Participate and ensure completing all job functions with the recognized safety guidelines
- Papermaking team members are expected to learn and operate lift trucks
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Strong work history with longevity in previous positions
- One (1) year minimum consecutive production experience is preferred
- One (1) year of forklift experience is preferred
- Understand the importance of safety, team work, good attendance and production demands
- Ability to work with heights and different powered equipment
- The ability to work rotating twelve (12) hour shifts and a varying schedule, including days, nights, holidays and weekends
- Non-rotating positions are based on seniority and may take three (3) years or longer to achieve
Why Work at Cascades
- $22.83 / hour to start
- Excellent company-paid benefits
- Working with a dedicated and passionate team of leaders
- Strong company culture
- Profit sharing and 401K options
- Working for a company with a strong focus on sustainability and greener initiatives
- Huge career advancement opportunities
- PPE Allowance
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. It will fairly consider all those qualified for this position. The use of the masculine in our communication refers to both women and men.
Being part of Cascades means revealing the full potential of matter, people and ideas. We are a source of possibilities. Since 1964, we have been offering sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions in terms of packaging, hygiene and recovery.
Join 12,000 women and men working in a network of more that 90 business units located in North America and Europe....