Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada is presently looking for dynamic individuals to fill positions as Ground Support Equipment (GSE) Mechanic Helpers.
GSE mechanic helper should have the following skill sets:
- Candidates must be familiar with procedures and equipment used by tradesmen and should have the ability to perform general maintenance work that requires basic manual skill.
- Work alone or assist mechanics as required in installation or maintenance of GSE equipment.
- Be able to perform heavy physical work in an indoor and outdoor environment.
- Individuals need to be "team players" with excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to maintain a customer focused attitude in a demanding, high stress environment.
- High School diploma.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in general maintenance of GSE, and/or automotive, and/or farm or heavy industrial equipment.
- Able to successfully pass the pre-employment qualifying exam.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable transportation security clearances and additional authorizations. Please refer to Transport Canada site for more details.
- Able to obtain the ADM driver license (DA) to operate motor vehicles in the restricted area traffic zones (airside).
- Be available to work days, evenings or nights including weekends.
- Employees in this role, conduct safety-critical work and as such, Air Canada medical standards must be met in order to qualify for the role. Candidates will be subject to a medical evaluation, including a drug and alcohol test and are expected to be free of any intoxicating substances.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We therefore encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted....