Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol. Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Air Canada is presently looking for dynamic individuals to fill positions as Ground Support Equipment (GSE) Mechanic Helpers.
GSE mechanic helper should have the following skill sets:
- Candidates must be familiar with procedures and equipment used by tradesmen and should have the ability to perform general maintenance work that requires basic manual skill.
- Work alone or assist mechanics as required in installation or maintenance of GSE equipment.
- Be able to perform heavy physical work in an indoor and outdoor environment.
- Individuals need to be "team players" with excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to maintain a customer focused attitude in a demanding, high stress environment.
- High School diploma.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in general maintenance of GSE, and/or automotive, and/or farm or heavy industrial equipment.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable transportation security clearances and additional authorizations. Please refer to Transport Canada site for more details.
- Able to obtain the ADM driver license (DA) to operate motor vehicles in the restricted area traffic zones (airside).
- Be available to work days, evenings or nights including weekends.
- Employees in this role, conduct safety-critical work and as such, Air Canada medical standards must be met in order to qualify for the role. Candidates will be subject to a medical evaluation, including a drug and alcohol test and are expected to be free of any intoxicating substances.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted....