As the Human Resources Manager, you will support a wide scope of the Human Resources function for the Guelph division, which employs approximately 180 employees, across locations in Guelph, Kitchener and Windsor.
The HR Manager is a business partner, in support of the division’s strategic business objectives. This individual will maintain a key role in the leadership team, while placing an emphasis strong employee relations and engagement.Job responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Plant Manager, the Human Resources Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Key member of the local management team as a business partner to align and support business strategy and objectives.
- Implement and manage all Human Resources management strategies, practices and processes at the respective division.
- Maintain the commitment of the divisions personnel in accordance with Cascades’ values and business strategy.
- Responsible for employee engagement and satisfaction initiatives.
- Ability to lead and influence change.
- Identify the Human resources needs of their unit and propose action plans for workforce planning
- Support other managers in the coaching of their staff and all employee relations matters
- Lead and support talent development and succession strategy
- Ensure and maintain a safe and healthy work environment for all employees of its units
- Track and follow up with Key Performance Indicators pertaining to Human Resources
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations or Business Administratio
- A minimum of 5 years in Human Resources Management (preferably in a similar manufacturing industry)
- Experience in a corporate environment
- CHRP/CHRL or other equivalent industry recognized certifications
- Exemplary leadership and coaching competencies
- Proven track record of employee engagement
- Strong understanding of Ontario Labour Laws and Health and Safety regulations
- Strong change management skills
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization and maintain positive working relationships
- Ability to develop or read and understand reports
- Strategic planning
- Organized and efficient
- Proficient in various HR platforms -HRIS, payroll, time and attendance (Ultipro or similar system)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. It will fairly consider all those qualified for this position. The use of the masculine in our communication refers to both women and men.
Being part of Cascades means revealing the full potential of matter, people and ideas. We are a source of possibilities. Since 1964, we have been offering sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions in terms of packaging, hygiene and recovery. Join 12,000 women and men working in a network of more that 90 business units located in North America and Europe