As part of our mission to reveal the full potential of materials, people, and ideas, Cascades is looking to add a dynamic and detail-oriented professional to our tax team. This professional will play an integral role in handling the indirect tax function for our business units, which have operations in 20 states across the US. Reporting to the Vice President – Taxation, USA, the Senior Financial Analyst, Indirect Tax will have direct access to company leadership and the ability to implement indirect tax related business strategies efficiently. This position can be fully remote, but hybrid and full in office options are available, if desired.
Why work at Cascades
- Excellent company-paid benefits
- Weekly Pay
- Working with a dedicated and passionate team of leaders
- Strong Company Culture
- Profit sharing and 401K Options
- Ability to work fully remotely!
- Working for a company with a strong focus on sustainability and greener initiatives
- Huge Career Advancement Opportunities
- PPE Allowance
- Work in collaboration with different stakeholders, including the Centers of Expertise (COE), Shared Services, and Finance teams, to address indirect tax (sales and use tax, property tax, payroll tax, etc.) related needs and notices
- Prepare and/or review tax returns for sales & use, business & occupation, gross receipts, property tax, etc.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes for indirect tax
- Research indirect tax issues
- Provide support in indirect tax audit management, including working with external consultants
Experiences and strengths
- 5+ years tax experience, preferably with a focus on indirect tax, other experience will be considered
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- CPA preferred, but not required
- Sense of priority, organization, and efficiency
- Effectively communicate with team members and stakeholders located across the US and Canada
- Capable of supporting and advising business partners in analyzing their needs and finding solutions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools and advanced mastery of Excel
Core competencies defined for this jobAdvisory rolePerseveranceInitiativeAccountabilityRigourAction-based focus
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. It will fairly consider all those qualified for this position. The use of the masculine in our communication refers to both women and men.
Being part of Cascades means revealing the full potential of matter, people and ideas. We are a source of possibilities. Since 1964, we have been offering sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions in terms of packaging, hygiene and recovery.
Join 12,000 women and men working in a network of more that 90 business units located in North America and Europe.