Reporting to the V-P Health Management, the Industrial Health Advisor’s mission is to support Cascades' strategy and business objectives by developing a preventive approach to health management that will help maintain a healthy and high-performance workforce for all the Cascades facilities in the United-States. You collaborate with the HR management team on managing work attendance by providing them the required support in the medical and administrative follow-up of files and by ensuring rigorous management of health-related costs. You also conduct follow-up examinations and plan a safe and sustainable return to work of employees. Finally, you will be called upon to make ergonomic, preventive and corrective recommendations, and to promote programs aimed at modifying employees’ behavioral habits and achieving the company's sustainable health objectives. Travel is necessary throughout the US and some travel to Canada may be required.
The ideal candidate can be located near any of our facilities throughout the US, and is not limited to the location specified in this job posting.
Why work at Cascades
- Passion-life balance (telework, flexible schedule)
- Group insurance and 401(k) with company contributions
- Extraflex benefits program
- Profit sharing plan (not once, but twice a year!)
- Employee assistance program (because we care about the physical and mental health of our people)
- Long-term career management plan and training center (we told you we were bringing out the best in our people!)
- Contribution to the success of a Quebec-based multinational with strong environmental values
- Provide significant support for disability and case management throughout our facilities in the US
- Qualify and collaborate with outside resources for program development, such as healthcare providers, third-party administrators, EAP suppliers, legal advisors, regulatory agencies, etc.
- Advise the Human Resources team members on best practices for on-site health case management
- Guide HR Business Partners and employees on physical and mental health issues and guiding them towards the appropriate resources
- Conduct examinations prior to and during employment
- Participate in health promotion activities to optimize health of our workforce as per the mutual agreements and current legislations and regulations
- Analyze industrial hygiene reports and follow up on the recommendations
Your background and strengths
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as Registered Nurse
- Advanced degree in Science or Nursing is preferred
- Occupational health and safety experience
- Extended knowledge of benefit insurance is considered an asset
- Ability to support and advise business partners on occupational health and safety issues
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is a definite asset
- Excellent customer service skills and an ability to work with diverse internal and external partners
- Proven ability to play a leadership role in complex, delicate situations
#respectyourtruenature #revealyourpotential #LifeAtCascades
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner.
To be part of Cascades is to reveal the full potential of materials, people and ideas. We are source of possibilities since 1964. Cascades have been providing sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions in packaging, hygiene and recovery. Join 10,000 talents working in a network in almost 80 operating units located in North America.