Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada Payrolls is looking for new team members to join our exciting and dynamic team. Are you interested in expanding your skills within an award-winning diverse Company that provides financial support for continued education and provides opportunities to develop your payroll administration skills?
The current starting salary is $21.57/hour as per the IAMAW Finance Collective Agreement with possible higher entry wage based on education and experience. Regularly scheduled pay advancements up to $25.51/hour, or higher in the event of promotion or growth into other positions.
Work schedule: Full-time Monday to Friday with flexible start time between 07:00am and 10:00am, with specific start times designated during training and other operationally required time periods.
Privileges & Benefits
As one of the leading employers in Canada, we like to ensure our employees are well rewarded with a range of benefits including:
- Air Canada staff love to travel, and we have one of the most generous employee travel programs in the industry which is available on day one.
- We value your wellbeing which is why we offer a wide variety of benefit plans, including health and dental, for you and your family.
Responsible for the accurate and timely payment of monies owing to Air Canada employees while protecting company interests and employee confidentiality:
- Perform complex, specialized payroll functions in accordance with clearly defined procedures
- Prepare correspondence via email or letter to internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data
- Prepare reports/remittances by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, and other payroll related items
- Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Provide payroll information by answering questions and requests
- Maintain payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Minimum two (2) years payroll experience preferred
- Completion of the NPI’s Payroll Compliance Legislation and Payroll Fundamentals 1 courses and actively pursuing PCP or CPM payroll certification an asset
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to not just multitask but to also anticipate process before directed to do so
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize duties and use good judgement
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft HR/Payroll will be considered an asset.
- Proficiency with PC software Excel, Word and email
- Bilingual an asset
Conditions of Employment
- Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted....