The Bear Island Mill is the newest addition to the Cascades Containerboard Packaging lineup. This state-of-the-art facility will offer one of the lightest high end, 100% recycled linerboard and medium products on the market. The mill is wrapping up the construction phase and scheduled to begin production in Q1 of 2023.
Before the Start-up:
Reporting to the Team Leaders and in partnership with the project resources, the machine operator will participate in the commissioning and start-up activities of the equipment of the Paper Machine department. They will also be trained on their first position, within their job family, while applying their leanings in the field. This exciting, one-of-a-kind experience will give them the opportunity to work through every phase of starting a Paper Machine Mill.
Role & Responsibilities
- Follow all safety rules and standard operational procedures.
- Ensure continuous production of their department with fellow operators
- Provide support for the problem-solving process and the improvement process.
- Attend and participate in daily crew meetings.
- Learn the layout of the mill and gain knowledge of the end-to-end papermaking process.
- Assist as general labor on equipment shutdowns.
- Completes other tasks as requested by supervisor.
Experience & Strengths
The Paper Machine Operators joining the team should possess the following skills and adhere to these specifications:
• Safety: Must show a commitment to an interdependent safety-first attitude.
• Positive Attitude: Consistently display positive behavior that supports the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Education: High School Diploma/GED or equivalent.
• Mechanical skill: Must be mechanically inclined and understand mechanical principles.
• Endurance: This job entails bending, walking, lifting, and climbing throughout the shift.
• Teamwork: Ability to work independently and in a team empowerment culture.
• Adaptability: Highly flexible with the ability to adjust to the demands of the job, produce high quality work, and can be depended on to complete assigned tasks. Must be a self-starter.
• Communication: Ability to communicate well with others and able to participate in team meetings.
• Work organization: Must be available for rotation shifts, overtime, and job family rotation.
• Attendance: Superior attendance record.
• Experience: Some manufacturing experience required, and consistent work history preferred.
Other: Applicants are required to pass background check, physical/drug screen.
#respectyourtruenature #revealyourpotential #LifeAtCascades
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner.
To be part of Cascades is to reveal the full potential of materials, people and ideas. We are source of possibilities since 1964. Cascades have been providing sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions in packaging, hygiene and recovery. Join 10,000 talents working in a network in almost 80 operating units located in North America.